Sunday, August 29, 2010

Waiting waiting waiting

Well tomorrow will make 2 weeks of us waiting for our house to close. We have moved from one family to stay with to another in order to keep people from getting tired of us free-loading haha. I'm really hoping our house will close soon now. Our new papers say by the 31st but we then have a 48 hour waiting period before we can have the key, uuuhhg! News is we should still be closing before the 31st so that makes us happy.

The weather was looking up this week and we had been hoping that it would stay that way for a while, nope, the heat is up again and so is the humidity. I know I've heard about it but now I know what people mean when they say it doesn't cool down at night, at all, all night! David and I are staying at Peter and his wife's house on a queen size air mattress (it's an upgrade from thy double bed right! Ha). The bed tends to lean towards David because he weighs more the first night we slept really close because I would just slowly roll over to him while sleeping and the other night It was so hot we were trying our darndest not to touch! So hot, I'm learning all about this this thing called the "heat index." For all of my Idaho ladies this means it could be 82 degrees outside but with humidity it makes the temperature 102. I think my least favorite part is feeling like I'm sweating when I know I'm not. Enough complaining though because we definitely like it here it's just going to take some getting used to. David and I are also looking forward to making a trip south to see my grandma Pink, Grandpa Stroup and my Great-grandma Coates for Labor day.

1 comment:

Kade and Stephie said...

Sounds like you two are having a blast waiting!!! When Kade and I purchased our house, we had quite the run around as well. It was such a mess. We were lucky that we had a place to call home when we got off the honeymoon. It was frustrating but so worth buying rather than renting :D You will love it once you have it! Good luck!

More to Read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Visitors since June 2010