David had his first real day of medical school today! A 6 hour long lecture on the constituents of the cell, plasma membranes and proteins/ amino acids. I guess the plus side was that it was all review and he got out of class about 20 minutes early. Today we got up really early and went to the YMCA to work out. What a great facility to have and my membership is only $30 a semester (David is free!). Then we made up the crudest budget I have ever seen hah, we approximated our mortgage, utilities, internet, cell phones, gas/car expenses and anything else you can think of. We rounded up on everything too just to be safe the out come was great though we had $1,800 left over in loan money that we most likely won't be using. The program here at UT is really flexible as long as we give the extra back before the semester ends we don't have to pay interest or anything! Not only that but if we ever need more all you have to do is request it, thank goodness.
Look! A tiny cart, haha I don't know why but I thought this was so cool (and I still do). David said I could have it if I could find a "Homeless Barbie" doll to push it.
David and I still haven't managed to close on our house yet, the bank underwriters are really taking their time (however they do that). It's also really slowing down our ability to get registered as Ohio residents we have had to be all kinds of creative to find loopholes that can help us. We have been blessed enough to stay with a empty nest couple who have a cute and tidy house and we are VERY thankful for them. Right now David and I are sharing a double bed! Hah it was really tough the first night both of us were pretty sore/ stiff the next day but a bed is a bed even if it's small. We keep thinking about how great the first night in our KING bed will be after sleeping so squished up! We've also made some new friends and they are great even if they are from Utah ;) David and I went to our new ward on Sunday haha honestly I kind of felt like "wow other Mormons! In the same room as me!" it was great!
when David and I ran some errands the other day I saw these on the side walk! So cute!!
I'm still waiting on my license to transfer from Idaho so I can take a written test. Idaho sent my info on the 3rd of August and Ohio said I needed to give them 20 days from then..... so today I called.... nothing I couldn't get a hold of anyone, ugh what a joke. Oh well I have basically nothing to do all day I don't even have boxes to unpack a house to organize or a job to find, so I have plenty of time to call the Ohio state board until they answer me :) Other than wishing we were no longer homeless vagabonds, things have been great and we love Ohio it is so pretty our only complaint is the humidity but that varies day to day too.
Cool things at the social security building

1 comment:
:) haha cool pict behind you! and your toes are cute. Wow, I would say that seems kinda frustrating that you cant get ahold of anyone for your license. Hopefully soon you'll get it straightened out. Wow!! getting a house, post pictures! I kinda know you will, but you better! I'm super excited for you two!!! Buying a house is so much fun! and its all yours, and get to decorate it and everything! :D
Post a Comment