Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Meeting Colin

Many of you have probably already long ago guessed why I went to Idaho by way of Arizona, but for those of you who didn't know I got to go see Colin. Let me just start with I hadn't ever really planned on actually seeing Colin until he wanted to see me. This last Christmas I got to talk with his older brother's birth-Mom and she mentioned that she wished she had see her little boy when she had the chance. That got me to thinking about how I would feel later on down the road if I didn't take advantage of such a great opportunity before Colin grew too old. David was very supportive and so was most of my family so after Christmas we began to plan out trip to Idaho by way of Arizona. 

My ultimate goal in visiting Colin was to show that I did and do still love and care for him. That is something that every adopted child always will wonder no matter how great their adoptive parents are. I always knew that Colin would know his family loves him. Colin has a great big brother, a doggy, a Mommy and a Daddy and a good home. The person I hope he will never have to wonder about it is me. I'm so glad I took the opportunity even though we spent ourselves out for the summer :) it was worth it. And now when or if Colin ever decides he wants to see me he can, but he will also know that I wanted to see him. 

We met at a breakfast place. David and I got there first and we just waited, I was starting to get really nervous. I wasn't sure if he would come with his Mom or Dad so I was watching every person that entered the restaurant intently. Looking back and recalling how I felt now in this blog I can honestly say when his dad finally came in and sat down with him my first thought was, "Wow he's real!" It was a great feeling. Breakfast was busy and Colin's dad got to tell us about him and how they never go out to eat anymore, haha he is a BUSY little guy! He reminded me a bit of my brother Jordan, who was always getting into things just because. I also thought about a certain blog post I had written when I was pregnant there are two that I mentioned how much he moved and well he is STILL movin'!

Then it was off to the park. We heard he loved bubbles so we got two bubble guns for him and his brother. Unfortunately they didn't work as well as the one we have in nursery and took too much effort to get it to work so it didn't hold his attention. . . .  at all haha. 
Opening his presents
He liked unwrapping them more then the actual gift :) can't say I blame him.

Then it was off the the playground!
He was telling me all kinds of stuff! It was so cute because none of it was English :)
zoom!
being chased by his daddy
He let me go down the slide with him
here we go
he was pointing at the slide and saying more stuff it was so cute!
They had a really cool water park too
He kept walking around the little circle of water
Jumping and stomping in the puddles
Group picture. His Mom got to join up with us after we had been at the park for a while.
The bread has a good story to it. While we were there many of the other people at the park were feeding the ducks and Colin wanted to too. Well he would throw a piece or two and then eat most of the rest and maybe throw the last bite. Haha, he had about 5 pieces of bread and ate about 3 of them it was great I just kept laughing. Apparently he was hungry and he liked bread. 
This picture is the best. You can't really see his face super well but based on the blur he is in most of them you can tell why I like it (hint he is holding still). It was really cute he got right up on my lap, had me grab his diaper bag and get his goldfish snacks. It was a good day. David came with me but he is the worker behind the camera. From the beginning of the day to the end he kept telling me he was only there to make sure my day went great and that he was there for me 100%.

 Man I love my husband, he did help me out and the day was great. I loved getting to see Colin just do his own thing. I'll admit I didn't directly interact with him a lot but I wanted to see him be him and that is exactly what I got to do. It was a great day and I wouldn't trade it for a million dollars. Thank you to his parents for letting me come see him, thanks to David for all his AMAZING support and everyone else who helped me and gave me encouragement. I am so blessed. 
Last but especially not least his Mommy gave me this. Thank you so much, I LOVE it, it is the perfect little souvenir of my journey to seeing Colin again.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness- this is so sweet! what an adorable little boy-and how lucky is he to have a great family and a loving caring birth mommy! You are amazing Kari!

Tiff said...

You are truely amazing Kari!

Maggie Mae said...

Okay, I am crying! So cool! Love you!

Maggie Mae said...

Oh, oops, forgot my name was fake. :) Love Aunt Priel

Cailey said...

Oh wow that is soo cool! I had guessed you went to see him. That is really fun Kari! And soooo awesome that David supported you! You've found a great man! Its a good feeling when they are there just to make sure that you are happy! and awesome she gave you that hand print thing. Not sure the name of it. But awesome. by the way I love your hair color! :D The family looks really nice! :) Hey so I cant wait to see you!!! I'm gonna have to come up some other weekend just to see ya!

Maria said...

Thank you for posting! I'm glad you got to go see him : ) I hope it was good for you and I'm sure it was good for Colin.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. What a blessing you got to see him.
Love Aunt Cindy

Maegan said...

He is so cute Kari! Im so glad you went to see him. He does need to know that you love him, that he was adopted out of love from you and his parents. Love the pictures!

More to Read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Visitors since June 2010