This is a small sample of our expedition to the East.
Good-bye Jordan, Good-bye Tater!
Bye Family!
Dad and David packing the last of our things in the U-haul!
I hate packing, every time you think you have everything you realize you have 100 more things ugh it takes forever!
"We're leaving in a U-haul don't know when we'll be back again"
A little Peter Paul and Mary for those of you who know
What can I say Idaho? I'm going to miss you!
Idaho- Wyoming border
The Cowboy State
Yee- Hah!
David drove the ENTIRE way! He is such a sweet-heart! I was way too scared to drive a big old U-haul with our Camry riding in tow. Can you say nerve racking?? Yup, I can
Drivin' a truck, drivn' a big old truck, drivin' a truck with our high heels on!
I have no Wyoming Nebraska border pictures unfortunately we passed it in the dark and then the Nebraska Iowa border was over a river. This wasn't really a problem but I was making us sandwitchies for lunch and had ham juice all over my hands, not really what I want on my camera.
But there's nothing like Nebraska to make you feel like you want to be anywhere else
Wait.... I was pretty sure I was some where? There's got to be something out there!
This is us at the big Cabello's in Omaha
Kissy kissy wittle beary wary
Truly a manly pose David :)
and his gentler side, my favorite
GPS- Take "grandpa head" translation take ramp ahead. I never noticed it sounded like that until David and his family pointed it out to me haha it's funny to hear. Anyways we go left off the highway in Iowa and we literally run into this...
GPS- says our hotel is this way in 0.7 miles
Pretty sure we weren't going to make it
A small video of all the flooding fun
huge swirly! it's sucking all the water from this side of the road to the other
And a dead fishy, eeew poor fish :(
We only have flood pictures from Iowa we forgot to picture someone's license plate, but we remembered in Illinois! This one was snapped at a gas station we waited for the car owner to go inside before we took it. It would have been awkward if they had seen us do it. That's the other reason why we didn't have one from Iowa there just wasn't a good moment like this one.
Tah-dah! Hurray for Illinois!
David and I were really tired and about 2 hours after this picture we pulled over in Peru, IL and took a 40 min break/ pass-out. It felt good, after we went into the gas station (we parked at one right before we passed out) and promptly bought 44 oz of Mountain Dew for David and some ice cream to share. David isn't a drinker but he needed to drink and drive this time, hah and in his defense half of it was diet so half the carbs and calories, right, right?
Illinois- Indiana border, once again it was over a river but this time my hands were ham-juice free!
We rolled into our hotel in Ohio at about 12am their time, 10pm Idaho time, but it felt much later. It was good to be back in Ohio safe and sound, pretty Ohio we love you! No Ohio borders because we passed it in the dark too :( sorry
1 comment:
HOLY COWNESS! haha! how long of a drive is this?! I seriously cannot imagine it! bleh!!! haha well I wanna FLY out to see you... dont think i'll survive a drive that long. But thanks for the pictures. was pretty funny for you to record for us. lol and a dead fish. pretty random but great. Your helping me pass time while I sit here at work... been on hold for over 20 mins with the bank.. no fun. haha but your blogs are fun! :D
Post a Comment