Today I am thankful for my Dad. As I was trying to decide what to be thankful for on my blog today I realized I haven't written about him on here once. Not on Father's Day or his birthday... whoops! That is definitely my bad and should not be seen as a representation of my love and respect for my Father. So to make up for that I will probably write this post and then another one for his birthday.
Our family at my high school graduation.
This is a really sad picture in terms of quality but I have always felt that this face he is making is such a good example of him as a person.
Menacing picture he sent Suzy and I one Sunday morning when we decided to be late for sacrament meeting.
And this picture, well it is just great!
My Dad is really good at helping me, and others, decipher through their problems. He is never afraid of giving advice and while it is most definitely not always what the person wants to hear it always is full of truth. I am a very emotional person and over the years he has helped me in MANY situations by taking away the emotions of the situation to show me what was really going. As a teenage girl it is difficult to separate your "feelings" from reality but he could always help me figure things out.
He is honest, brutally at times but only because he cares. My dad sees in black and white and I have most definitely inherited that from him. One of the things he does that I love the most is wanting to help with specific wants in my life. I will openly admit that there have been many times when I wanted something and all I had to to was ask my Dad questions about it and Wah-lah, he would buy me what I was asking about. He researches everything not because he has to but because he likes to and because he wants to know more. I am thankful for his help and guidance in my life and I know that many of my cousins and family members are as well. I'll end it here so that I can write more on his birthday. Love you Dad!


No comments:
Post a Comment