Every time I think I want to blog/ I need to blog I start to think about ALL the many things I need to blog about and every time I never manage to get it done. Life at our house can be so SLOW in certain ways and yet I feel as though I'm getting whip lash from the lightning fast pace of other elements in our life.
So what's new...
David recently changed his mind about his medical future... while in Minnesota for his Orthopedics rotation. I was shocked, I have quite literally spent the last 4 years telling myself that if he wanted to do surgery that I would learn to be ok with that and we would make it work. I had barely come to peace with the decision. Not only that but I have also spent the last 4 years teasing him that he should go into every field that has cushy hours (like being an eye surgeon/ eye dr, can you say 9-5 no weekends??).
Then he calls me up and says "I think I really would rather do radiology"... Hallelujah!!! That was another field I was jokingly (seriously) pushing him towards because he has always had interest in it and the radiologists he worked with seemed to generally like him and be impressed with his knowledge. The biggest change in all of this is that come late September David will NOT be leaving me for Phoenix for another 4 weeks. YA YAY YA YA!!!!
I literally could not be happier about the whole ordeal. Well the only thing that would have made it better would have been if he had decided before he left me for Minnesota 4 weeks ago :) But there's no need to bring that up.
The radiology has a residency that is also basically 5 years long, so we won't be gaining any time there, but I have heard some good things from the people I know who are in residency programs and we are excited. I should also mention that radiology residencies require a score that is about 5 points lower that orthopedics (orthopedics is one of THE most competitive fields) so that is in our favor as well.
The biggest downside that I can foresee as of right now is the first year of radiology residency is called a transitional year so there is a possibility that we could end up somewhere for a single year before joining our 4 year program. I told David one of my big goals is to hopefully find a program that includes that first year in their program that way we can move to our next locale and just BE there for 5 years, none of this moving twice stuff.
Davie loves those fluffy dandelion seeds.
As for me I started on campus classes last Monday, and I love them. I really wish my life had been more compatible with on campus classes all along, seriously NOTHNG beats the classroom experience. I'm a pretty good go-getter when it comes to wanting to learn, but I love teacher and student/ class interaction. This semester is full with 15 credits and thankfully with Davie in daycare I have ample time to do homework in a quiet setting. I'm sad to be away from Davie, but I also feel like it's a really good change of pace for both of us since our house is so crowded right now.
Davie seems to LOVE daycare and has only cried twice in the last 3 weeks I have taken him (he went at the end of my summer term). The daycare is accredited which means they have some curriculum (whatever that means for a 1 and a half year old), there are less children per adult and overall I just love the facility and the ladies that work there. Davie is never dirty, cold or wet/ stinky when I pick him up and all the ladies always tell me how happy and busy he is all day, which really is another huge blessing.
As for our visitors (David's brother and his wife) they are still hanging out with us and trying to be strong. It definitely gets crowded, but they are troopers and so are we. I keep telling them and anyone who asks that it's really only busy in the early morning when everyone is getting ready to leave, at night around dinner time and bed. Also with David gone there's technically only one more adult in the house than normal, so it's all good. It looks like they might be hitting another road block in the world of house buying so I just hope and pray it will work out for the best.
picks the flower
dainty hold
licks it
realizes he's funny, then proceeds to milk it for all it's worth. What a ham.
I can still remember how amazing it was for David and I to FINALLY move into our condo after living with others (and we only did it for like 3ish? weeks). I think everyone who has lived with other people knows that amazing feeling of liberation when you finally get to move into a place of your own.
Lastly, I hope you enjoyed our most recent family pictures on here we got them done in June, so it's been a while already. AND believe it or not there are more pictures of Davie which I promise to do my best to publish shortly along with some great new stories about the little trouble maker.
Davie was seriously ready to scale this bridge and jump into the murky scum filled water below. It wasn't horrible water but it was plenty green.
This is his "someone is watching me face"
I can't say I'm crazy about some of the one's David and myself are in I feel like our faces/ eye look puffy or something so feel free to boost my ego by telling me we look great.


























1 comment:
Remember how cute you guys all are? You're faces don't look anything but lovely in these pics! I love them :)
Post a Comment