This is a continuation of my thankful post for day #8.
Last week the eBlade started sending out e-mails to all the UT students saying that if you signed in and read the e-version of the paper you could enter chances to win iPads and possibly even tuition. David told me he had been doing it for the last week and that I should do it too.
On Monday evening David was studying in the second bedroom and I was talking on the phone with my Mama in the living room. That was when David came out to show me an e-mail he got from someone at the Toledo Blade (our Post Register). The e-mail was really short but it said that he had was the eBlade's first contest winner and he had won an iPad. My first impression was to be cautious just in case he was pulling my leg, but after chatting with him for a few seconds I realized he was totally serious! Long story short is that David spent the next hour or two getting all worked up about this guy from the Toledo Blade calling him, so much so that he made himself sick to his stomach and basically stopped studying. I kept trying to get him to calm down but he was just so nervous! Haha, I felt bad for him but there wasn't much I could do.
After the Toledo Blade worker called, David was finally able to calm down but he was still sick for the rest of the night. We found out that he needed to go to the football game the next day so they could announce that he had won. Then they wanted him to come to their office at the school later in the week to pick up his prize. What a lucky duck! Am I right?! He has been wanting an iPad for a while now, I guess they are really useful as a doctor once you start doing your rotations.
David winning made this Tuesday our first Toledo Rockets football game. Before the game we got to use my coupon for a local restaurant called Oasis which turned out to be pretty darn tasty. David has had test after test the last week and has one more this upcoming Tuesday so this week was a rather horrible time for this to happen, BUT I guess if that is all we have to pay to get a free iPad for the guy we can't complain.
This photo horrifies me a little but also makes me laugh at the same time, I just hope my cheeks are so chubby because I have food in my mouth
I think the worst part of the whole night was when I realized I had randomly moved my student ID from my purse to my backpack the other day and that meant I might not be able to get into the game. Luckily the guy at the gate didn't seem to care too much and let us right on in.
It was a GREAT night, we both wore long sleeve shirts and sweatshirts. There was a light breeze and it didn't snow or rain the entire time, I think it was about 60 degrees.
me
We bought David a Rockets shirt before the game so that when he was pictured he could correctly represent his school, haha unlike the BYU sweatshirt he wears around the medical school campus all the time.
Us!
waiting to go out on the field
Shaking hands, and he is done!
David after getting his newest toy yesterday
Getting a little TOO excited. After I took this picture I went to that baby shower dessert night I talked about in my previous post. As I was leaving David says "I'm probably going to be in bed when you come home I am so tired." As I walked out to the car I decided there is only a 50% chance that he will be sleeping when I get home haha, no boy could resist such a cool toy. When I got home I found him right where I left him, I asked him why he wasn't in bed and all he could say was that his iPad was almost done syncing to his computer.


No comments:
Post a Comment