Saturday, November 19, 2011

Day #16- Brothers

I grew up at odds with both my brothers, especially my poor brother Jordan. We were the perfect age distance to not get along. Everything he was doing was childish and behind or beneath me when I was little and then on top of that he was a boy and well I was a girl. Looking back I often feel bad that we didn't get along better but it's one of those things that just happens. Sometimes siblings get along really well and sometimes they just don't. 
My other Brother who I am farther in age from was alway MY baby. I was nine when he was born so I was old enough to carry him around everywhere and want to help. As I have gotten older I have learned to love both of them in their own VERY unique ways. Jordan is a social butterfly who always had a group of followers as a little kid. Brandon on the other hand can entertain himself and doesn't necessarily need a bunch of people around him to have fun. However true to our family's genes they both can talk your ear off if you get them onto a subject that is interesting to them. The older I have gotten the more thankful I am that I have siblings. 
For example, when I was originally looking for a family to place Colin with I had one couple who didn't have any kids and they didn't sound like they would have anymore after Colin. It was during that time that I realized how important my own siblings were to me. As much as they drove me CRAZY, broke my stuff, bugged my friends and my boyfriends, it wasn't worth not having them around. Family is so important and I am definitely thankful for mine. 

No comments:

More to Read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Visitors since June 2010