Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I Finish What I Start

Does this look familiar?
Well I finished it... quite a while ago. 
The top of the blanket says Merry Christmas and I tried to take a picture of it but you can't see it.

This is the pattern I came up with and the lady who quilted the blanket said she had to learn how to do my design because she had never done anything like it before. 
I used minky (the SOFTEST fabric ever) on the back and I chose a red 3D polk-a-dot. 
Imagine this on the other side and not backwards.
We've been snuggling with it all month!

This is the finished footstool 
This corner right here is my only irritation, but the fabric is really dark so you can't really see the seams too much. 
Initially I was going to try and staple the fabric on, let's just say that didn't work very well (at all). Instead I ended up hot glueing the new fabric on and it worked great! I was so surprised, who'da thunk?

I have finally set up our little china cabinet to look cute.
This is my "special shelf" it has some of my great grandmas china and a picture of her with finger waves. I like that picture because in beauty school finger waves were my specialty! I really struggled with them at first and then suddenly something just clicked then I became the master haha. I even taught many of the new girls how to do them.
These are the mirrors that came with our house. Not that I don't like bright red and palm trees.... but I didn't.
So we painted them .....
and then I picked at one of them so we are going to have to paint it again, go me!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So I realize I post on your blog like every post but oh well, I LOVE that blanket!! you did such a good job-it is adorable!! make me one!! haha!! Hope you guys have a very merry christmas!!

David, Kari, Davie, Macy & Violet said...

Jessica! I'm glad you post on every blog, comments are my favorite it lets me know that people actually read it. Haha, also I think I post on just about all of yours too.

More to Read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Visitors since June 2010