Wednesday, December 15, 2010

25 day of Christmas... More or Less

Ok so I have a confession, my plan hasn't exactly turned out the way I was hoping. Between David's school and me working we haven't really had time to do much besides watch lots if Christmas shows/ movies and listen to Christmas music. It's a little frustrating but my main goal was to "feel" the Christmas spirit more and I have, so I'm not going to say it's failed. Not only that but after this Friday David will no longer have a HUGE anatomy test hanging over his head so that will free up lots of time.
I wanted to go to the Nutcracker, but I had to work and David was in school at 2pm and 5pm  which was the only two times they showed it here in Toledo... well kinda they had a show on Sunday too but we all know why I that doesn't work. On the radio commercial for it I found out that Toledo has one of the longest running shows in the US something like 70+ year, I thought that was cool but it would have been even cooler if I could have seen it. I haven't been to the Nutcracker in YEARS so next year we WILL be going. I'm planning it ahead of time. Oh yea, and did I mention the tickets I looked up were $47.50 EACH, ouch! That was the TIPPY TOP of my price range for *bOtH* of our tickets, haha needless to say I just totally struck out on this activity.

Another activity we were supposed to do was the interfaith nativity done by our stake. David got to go and do it, he was a shepherd or a king or something like that for the live nativity they had. I bet you can guess where I was :) if you guessed work give yourself a gold star! I'll admit I finished in time to go still but seriously when I'm done with work I'm basically done with the day haha it's sad!

BUT we did go to our ward party, haha and that TOTALLY counts!
See here is a picture of David with our friend's chillens (children) at the party, haha they were afraid of Santa so they sat in David's lap instead. Ahhh, so cute.

I keep trying to tell myself we still have a week and a half to do fun stuff, and we will be heading to Washington D.C. next week to have  Christmas with David's Aunt and Uncle! I've never been to D.C. and I'm sure there will be some fun Christmas things we can do there. Something that I am proud of myself for doing is our decorations! Here are some pictures of our decorations for Christmas.
Twinkling snowflake lights
Our nativity scene
Our pretty colored lights
Jing-a-ling-a-ling Christmas bells
Lights in our house from the outside

This is our Christmas tree before David's parents sent our presents.
This is after, Thanks Mom and Dad Warden!
Anyways these are some activities we will do once his test is over-
1. Make sugar cookies and ice them
2. Read the Christmas story
3. Hopefully we can find an ice rink to go to, I'm still working on that one.
4. Go and see some lights! There is a show being put on by a local church that has lights set up to the Transiberian (I'm pretty sure I spelled that wrong) orchestra.
5. Go to the Toledo zoo and see their lights.

I have some other ideas but we are leaving to go to D.C. towards the begining of next week, so I don't want to plan too much more than that. I'm sure our plans will change once we are in DC and at some one else house. This is me being flexible, go me!

No comments:

More to Read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Visitors since June 2010