Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Morning!

Christmas morning for us started early, like 6:30 am early. I think it was the earliest Christmas I have ever had. My parents were really big on everyone opening presents together so my brothers and I never bothered waking up super early because we knew we wouldn't get to open presents until my parents gave the ok. This is Vincent, he is the reason why we got up early. The poor little guy was crazy excited and he just couldn't understand why we couldn't get up faster.

David and Uncle Bern
David showing Vincent the electric bugs we got him.

David's Disney Princess Memory game! Just what he always wanted!!! And just in case you are wondering, I really did get it for him, he did not get it for me :) it was my silly present to him.
I got Sleeping Beauty, I have actually always wanted her. Do you like the pretty pink pjs? In case you are wondering if they are footy pajamas, they are. David got them for me! I have always wanted a pair and I love them, they keep me super warm and they're bright pink.
Thumbs up for Barbie, although Vincent was a little preoccupied with her. I think it was against his religion to share the same room his new legos occupied with a ... (seven year old boy look of disgust face) Barbie! Sorry buddy, next time I'll move the doll to an adjacent room sooner.
Lego heaven
This is photographic documentation of the puzzle ball for Deidre. It was a hit and a bit of an obsession. Here is Vincent's Dad playing with it.
David and Bern discussing it.
Still trying to figure it out
Haha this one makes me laugh, they are both puzzling over the puzzle ball. For those of you who do not know what it is, imagine a giant maze a little metal ball has to go through, now imagine that the maze is wrapped around itself inside of a bigger ball. It is much tougher than it sounds.
Vincent kept saying "you guys are obsessed with that thing!" Although, I think he was more worried about how much help he wasn't getting, he needed lots of help to put those lego sets together. 
David putting some lego things together
Making silly faces
team work
Ahh David is so cute when he helps the little guys
At one point David and Vincent were putting some lego creation together and David started teasing Vincent but Vincent was one step ahead of him with the come backs. I tried to jump into the conversation at that point and had fully intended on saying "he's one step ahead of you David" but it came out as "He's a heppa steppa ya"..... haha it was so funny, I blame the sugar overdose and the early morning. Either way I'll be hearing this phrase (used against me of corse) for years to come now, sigh I guess it could always be worse.
It was a great Christmas. I still think it will be more fun when David and I get to have it with our own kids but for now this is great. We got to nap and eat lots of chocolate, cookies and other junk food, I would have to call that a good day.
David reading scriptures at the end of the day. Obviously I was listening intently :)

No comments:

More to Read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Visitors since June 2010