Sunday, December 5, 2010

25 Days of Christmas

I decided to do it! I haven't done any countdowns for Christmas since I was in junior high or grade school. So because David and I have no kids but still want the holiday season to be fun I decided to go for it. I'll admit one person who motivated me was Kira. Seriously, you inspire me, I read your blog some days and I wonder how you do it! Not to mention that you now have two kids and I have... none. Haha then I think about what I did during the day.... went to work had a quick dinner... went to bed? Lame! This is me deciding to make things more fun.
David putting our tree stand together.

Anyways at first I'll have to admit I was really overwhelmed by the idea of planning something every day until Christmas, but I looked up some fun ideas online and decided that I could just do simple things and we could still have the spirit of Christmas for the season. Today is day three and the last two activities worked out well. Wednesday David and I got to pick out a real tree! I was so excited this is my first real tree in YEARS. Thursday I  made some oreo pie and we watched Garfield holiday episodes. I love Garfield even if I'm not a fan of cats. Also I have been trying to find Christmas movies but even Wal Mart wants $10 for the 30-45 minute shorts like the Grinch, Rudolph etc. I got lucky with Garfield because even though it was $10 it had his Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas episodes.

Our first Christmas 

These are our chocolate Christmas countdown calendars, thanks Mama Warden.
See how cute :)
Little teddy bear chocolate
Eating our chocolate yummy yummy!
Putting the star on top
Putting the lights on
Tah- dah!
David ate his legs and I ate his head!

That's what we have been doing so far. We will have to see how the rest of them go, hopefully we will have some fun ones and I will post them for you to see.

1 comment:

Hot Cookin' Mama said...

Aah! I am just BARELY catching up on everyone's blogs! I LOVE your days of Christmas idea! The truth is you are far more ambitious than I am! Most days I'm still in my pajamas when I do the things I do hahah ;). Keep posting the ideas you came up with so I can steal them please??

More to Read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Visitors since June 2010