Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Sewing and Reaping

Today was my Lamaze class, I have them every Monday. Tonight my teacher said something to us that I thought was really quite profound. She said “Not only do you reap what you sow, but you reap more of what you sewed." At first I was like "what" and then she continued to explain that if you were to plant a kernel of corn you would grow a corn stalk which is a whole lot more then what you planted. If you think about one corn kernel turning into a whole cob of corn and then a whole stalk with several cobs that is a LOT more than what you sewed. Maybe it's just me but wow, I thought that was really deep. We always hear about Karma or what goes around comes around but I have never heard it put that way. In church we learn that there are consequences for our choices but I think we often forget how much larger those consequences are then the original choice, good or bad.

No comments:

More to Read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Visitors since June 2010