While I have always liked General Conference over the years, I am sure that I have not fully taken advantage of the oppurtunity to listen as closely to the talks and watched all the sessions over the weekend. I think that this particular conference I paid more attention and listened to more talks then I ever have before. Unfourtunately in previous conferences I took the talks lightly and let other activities (including napping) get in the way. I can honestly say that I felt more personally touched then I EVER have before. It was like every talk was just for me. I couldn't believe how many things they talked about that hit me so personally in my life right now, to name a few- Agency Our own and others, Trials, Sacrifice, Forgivness, Temples and Worthiness, Eternal Families, Enduring to the End, Serving Others and lots more. I have always loved to hear their talks but this time was so much better. I truly love President Monson, I was able to recieve my own personal testimony of the keys he holds at Women's conference with my mom last spring when he spoke to us. The love I felt when I recieved that witness and the truth and understanding I felt today and yesterday were beyond overwhelming I'm so thankful for the gospel and for the caring leaders we have that guide us through this life. 
This is our memorial day weekend trip about 4 years ago to Salt Lake. I love visiting Temple square and the conference center they are so peaceful and I always feel the spirit.
2 comments:
Is that Jordan in the yellow shirt?! See I told ya he's grown up. Wow its crazy how different you can look in 4 years, or how much a person can grow up.
Amen, Kari! Love ya!
Post a Comment