Tuesday, October 5, 2010

PB&J's

For all of you who are married you know that the longer you are with your spouse the more you learn about them, all the way down to the specifics. One thing I have known about David since we first started dating is that he is picky about his food, and I mean PICKY.

One of his biggest dislikes had always been peanut butter. I guess as a kid he had a bad experience with it and he decided that he no longer liked it. Well over the years he has slowly gotten better and let's just say that serving a mission in Ecuador definitely helped. Since we moved into our house I have been packing him a lunch so that we can save money and hopefully eat a little healthier.

One morning I asked him if he would PLEASE just try a PB&J, if nothing else just to make my life easier. David being the wonderful loving husband he is agreed to "try". That night I asked him how it went, honestly I was crossing my fingers because I was definitely to benefit from the new menu item, and his conclusion was he liked it! Of course I was happy and so I began to make him PB&J sandwiches for lunch every morning.

A couple days later after speaking with his parents, we go shopping for groceries and suddenly David says "We forgot to tell my parents about the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches!" Me- "Oh yeah? We will just have to remember to tell them next time" David- "No you don't understand this is big for me, we need to call them back now!" So we proceed to call them back, the way David went about telling them his new culinary development still cracks me up. He acted like we were going to tell his parents like we were pregnant or something (he didn’t do it on purpose and I'm not pregnant) haha it was just really awkward. He was like "I have something BIG to tell you guys" and he went on to tell them about his discovery of the PB&J.

Conclusion? I'm really glad that every once in a while I make him try things and he ends up liking it, also it didn't hurt that it made my life easier. Last week when I was making his lunch in the morning he says "You know I've really fallen in love with your peanut butter and jelly sandwiches" awww so cute! When he said "I've really fallen in love" I was waiting for him to say with me because the mushy comments are a norm in our house but I guess just this once I can live with him liking my culinary masterpiece (aka the PB&J).

1 comment:

Cailey said...

:D haha thats soo funny and cute! Ya Jeff likes it when I make sandwiches, but thats only because he's lazy and doesnt want to do them. but then he says mine just taste soo much better when I make them for him. haha silly husbands. Good for David! :) good job Kari!

More to Read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Visitors since June 2010