The first time I ever got sealed to anyone (besides my parents) things obviously didn't go as planned and as time went on and things got rough it would feel like a suffocating bond that I couldn't handle. Even though I had chosen freely to be married before I felt forced to be with them. It felt like it was too much and it was all wrong, one reason for this is I don't believe I was as worthy as I should have been at the time. Had I been a little more honest with myself I probably wouldn't even have gone to the temple or gotten married. Turns out being honest can save us from lots of troubles. But sitting in the sealing room with David on Wednesday I wished so much that we could have been married in the temple the FIRST time. The spirit was so strong and I know that David and I are meant to be together.
We sealed several families together and during all that time I realized these things I have been telling you. Being sealed is a privilege something people strive for and sometimes even die for; it's a blessing. I'm just so glad that I get to be sealed to David next summer I've been thinking about it a lot. It's something I definitely took for granted, here I have been complaining about having to wait a year and these people have been waiting years, maybe even centuries. I wish I could learn some lessons more easily but I do have a habit of almost losing and sometimes completely losing things before I realize how important they are to me. I am just thankful for the opportunity I had to feel the spirit have peace in my heart, be at the temple and be with David.
We're on our way!
A tunnel I tried to get pictures of trees because all the trees are changing but everytime I passed a bunch that were pretty I didn't have my camera ready.
I really wanted to get a picture of David and I in front of the temple but by the time we got there it was raining steadily and our session was starting in like 15 min! It rained all night too, it was a white knuckled drive home and it seemed EXTRA dark, we drove home on almost an inch of water (scary!!). I still think it seemed dark because we had just been filled with light at the temple, ahh such a good trip.

1 comment:
Kari and David,
We love you, proud that you are working on those things that are important to you.
We are having some interesting experiences
living in an Senior living center.
Uncle Gale and Aunt Marlene are living here
also. We like your blog.
Post a Comment