This is all about our little Davie. He is three weeks old already, which is crazy because at this exact time on the 18th we didn't even have him yet. The first thing I would like to say about him is he has been such a GREAT baby! I can honestly say that even though I am tired at times it is NOTHING close to what I was preparing for.
I thought I was never going to sleep again but Little Davie sleeps anywhere from 2-4 hours at a time at night. His first week and a half my Mom and I stayed up until midnight with him and he would wake up at 3 am, 6 am and again at 9 am. Now we are going to bed at ten but the pattern is pretty much the same.
That really is not that bad for a newborn. We have had one or two more difficult nights but nothing more than that and never back to back. After his difficult nights I always make sure I thank my heavenly father for how good he usually is!
little binky face
The many faces of sleep
Great Granny Lou sent Davie this super cute and SOFT blanky. It came rolled up in a pillow pet sheep, Davie already loves it.
Davie is SuPeR cuddly, easy to console, a great eater, a consistent sleeper, and true to being a boy he lets some pretty loud noises out of that cute little bottom of his. I feel so immature because every time he toots I laugh like a little second grader but for as small as he is and as loud as those noises are its pretty cute! And impressive, I'm always surprised.
Baby bum. When bums are this little everyone thinks they are cute.
At his first pediatric appointment he weighed 7 lbs. We then had a breastfeeding appointment where he weighed 7 lb 4 oz at two weeks and a follow up pediatric appointment where he weighed 7 lb 8 oz a day after the breastfeeding appointment.
Thankfully he is definitely gaining and so far neither of us have had any significant problems with him breastfeeding. The only issues Davie has had is putting his hands in the way of food (he just loves to help) which of course frustrates him and he loves to shake his head a bunch instead of just latching on, also frustrating him.
baby toes
I call him my little piglet because most of the time when he eats he tends to suckle pretty loudly. At night he doesn't typically wake me up by crying instead he usually starts grunting a whole bunch.
Davie pretending like he has fat rolls
We love everything about our little Davie but here are some of our more favorite and cute things he does.
When he yawns he makes this super cute little "Ah- uhhh" noise and it sounds just like a little Disney baby. Also when he cries it is so sad! Every Mom feels this way. He makes this little "Gah! Gaaahh!" noise and even though it makes me sad for him, it too is so cute I can't help but smile a little too. For the most part he only cries when he is hungry or naked, changing his diaper is definitely not one of his favorite pastimes.
His hair is beyond awesome! I'm still a little sad I can't put bows in it but I make up for it by constantly running my fingers through his hair. Messing it up, smoothing it down, brushing it and of course smelling it, LOVE little baby smell.
When I burp him he gets all balled up on my chest and as I pat him he tends to make little humming sounds like this pat, hmmmm, pat, hmmm. Sometimes I'll hum a little and I think he does it more, it's pretty cute.
I used to try and position him over one of my shoulders to burp him but he would always find his way to the middle of my chest and cuddle his little head under my chin,
like so.
Can't argue with that! I easily spend WAY too much time with him like this because I just love it so much. The day I realized this I felt the Mom thing big time. It was nice to have him want to be on my skin and now I always position him that way so he doesn't have to wiggle and struggle his way there.
Sometimes I still just can't believe he is here, and he is all mine! Well David's too :) David does a great job helping especially in the morning when I need an extra second. Dad will change the little guys diaper for me. The best way to describe how I feel when I look at him is this- You know how if you say the word car enough times it starts to lose its meaning? After a while you wonder how those sounds can represent what you are talking about. That's how I feel. The longer I look at him the more it just blows my mind that he is here, alive, a tiny little person, with thoughts and feelings. It's pretty amazing and I am so thankful for him and his super sweet spirit and laid back personality. I can't say I enjoyed waiting for him but he was worth it! I am so thankful, now if I could just absorb every second more fully I would be happy, but lets face it there is no such thing. It is a big responsibility but so far I am loving almost every minute.
5 comments:
He is the most adorable little thing in the entire universe :) You are adorable. David IV is adorable. David V is, as stated, adorable. And perfect. And I cannot wait to hold his precious little self in a few weeks and hug the three of you! Love you all! (THis pictures look FANTASTIC!)
Maybe all babies act pretty similarly, I wouldn't know, I only have one, but llittle Davie sounds exactly like mine! Sleeps well, eats well and he can really let em' rip. Or maybe we are just very blessed. Yeah, I'll go with that.
Kari, I absolutely adore him!!! Congratulations! And I completely agree with you... when a baby fart is bigger than he is, its pretty stinkin' funny!! Wylie has a lot of those!
He is ADORABLE but you know, I'm a sucker for any boy baby with a mop of dark hair on their heads! I'm glad he's so good for you, you're lucky! I hope you're feeling good as well. I cried when Aiden turned a week old because I thought he was growing up too fast haha. oh the post pregnancy hormones are fun!
Congrats!! He's so cute!!
Post a Comment