Sunday, September 25, 2011

A Long Journey Home

When the time at last did come that we had to set off for Ohio again, I was not excited. Not about going to Toledo, that part I was SUPER excited for, it was the 3 day car trip. Even if the third day was super short 3 days sitting on your bum is no fun. I never mentioned this but when we got to Idaho our car mileage read about 3,500 and our car read about 5,500 miles when we got home. David accidentally cleared it once in Ohio so I can't give you the exact mileage but it was probably closer to 6,000+ by the time we pulled into the driveway in Toledo. I love all this traveling, when it's over :) while we are on the road or right before we get on the road I'm ready for it to be over already. Haha it makes me sound like an oxymoron, I love to travel but I hate traveling? Yup, that's me!
Ugly Wyoming, bleh! Not to mention that we were driving STRAIGHT into the sun. It gave us both a headache, yuck!
Our awesome car bag! Thank you Mama Warden!!! You saved our..... luggage :)
FINALLY I got a Nebraska license plate! Also I like this picture because I look skinny even though I'm 4 months pregnant already :)
We got to go through Kansas too +1 state more my list of non-visited states is getting shorter!!! Sadly I did NOT feel like trying to take a picture of the state line or a license plate. You will just have to trust me on that one. 
Mark Twain's boyhood home. David made this fun little stop for us while we drove through Missouri. 
White washing aunt Polly's fence. 
The only drawback to having the roof bag was this strap right here. Because it had to go through the weather strip on the door it created TONS of road nose. Imagine listening to a white noise machine a little too loudly for 3 days on the freeway... yea it got old! BUT it got our stuff home safe and dry so we won't complain too much, we have basked in our quite drives around town ever since. 
I FINALLY got a picture of the Ohio border sign!

1 comment:

Cailey said...

As bad as the drive sounds, you guys sounded like you still had some fun on the way back. and I totally agree with you!!! I love traveling but hate it. I love going to places, especially new ones, but hate the drive back and just wish I was there already! I have never been stuck in the car driving for 3 days... but I hope someday I will haha.

More to Read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Visitors since June 2010