The most diffucult parts about taking this test was #1. It has been 2 years since I took Idaho's State Board test. #2. I was taught to the Idaho test, so I only knew what Idaho wanted to see. AND #3. I'll admit I was rusty on the thermal curl and perm. I have curled MANY a persons hair since then but not the way Ohio wanted me to (which was slightly diff then the way I learned for Idaho) and I hadn't rolled a basic perm since my Idaho test.
The test center definitly beat Idaho's
Written Exam 95%!
Hair lightener/ re-touch 94% (I was really happy about this becuase I hadn't preformed it on my doll since my last boards test)
Chemical Relaxer
Facial
Manager's Exam
Manicure
Thermal Curl
Haircut
Perm
Client Protection and Setup
I took a doll whose hair I dyed back to brown before going to the test. Her hair had originally been very multicolored, like blue, green, red, purple multicolored. My salon let me use her for the hair cute because they said Tess's (my original test doll, get it Tess the Test doll hehe ok anyways) hair was too short to cut it again, which might have been true. So I took theirs. Initially I didn't mind her, but after I tell you what happened during my hair cut I think you will be able to understand why I now refer to her as Ugly.
This is the doll. Ugly!
About half way through my haircut one of the Examiners came up to me and took out my sections (while I was still cutting the dolls hair) and started looking at the dolls scalp. At these tests you are not allowed to have dolls that are pre-sectioned, colored coded hair or anything else that could aide in your test time. To ensure this doesn't happen they had the Examiners walk around the stations and check all the dolls before the test started. At that point if you had a doll with sections or notches they would make you leave. Apparently Ugly had a dyed scalp that was green, blue, red, purple etc. The Examiner must have thought she was color coded because she left (after messing up my partings) to go get the other Examiner. Then both of them continued to look through her hair to see her dyed scalp. Meanwhile I am FREAKING out. Are they going to throw me out? Am I in trouble? Both ladies leave and bring yet another test Examiner to look at my doll. Remember all of this is happening while I am supposed to be cutting the dolls hair and I only had 30 min to start with. By then I was so nervous I was shaking and my mind was no longer focused. Even with all this I feel like I really didn't do too bad on the haircut but I only got a C on it. Lets just say I'm still extremly irritated about how they went about that, it totally ruined my grade.
The only other thing I have to complain about is the Client set up and protection (I got an F, I was so angry!). I don't know how they figure I did so awful, you would have thought I never cleaned a thing, dropped my doll head and picked her up by her hair. I cleaned my whole space between every test section, redraped my doll, no blood spills and sanitized my hands just about every minute. I had so much hand sanitzer on my hands it was rolling off- sick! I never dropped anything that came in direct contact with the doll and the one thing I did drop was a bottle of cleaner and I cleaned it immediatly after I picked it up. I still don't know how I failed but oh well, I still passed and that's all that matters to me!
This is what my license looks like. It's really cool because they have to show your picture in the salon with it. Originally I had a really ghetto passport picture but then I saw that everyone uses glam photos of themselves haha so I did too! It feels so great to have two licenses, I don't know why but it's like having more power lol, I know, I know I'm a nerd.



1 comment:
YAY!!! Congrats KareBear!
Post a Comment