Well David and I both passed our big tests, AND I got my letter from the first presidency all in less than two weeks. So of course we had to celebrate. I think this was two Friday's ago now, oh well. I picked David up from school and we drove into town. He didn't tell me where we were going because I had never been to Famous Dave's so it was a surprise. We were both STARVING! The food was pretty good and we had fun together. It was a good date night. We had to wait longer then usual because it was a Saturday and I didn't get off work until the prime-time dinner rush, but we were only there for about an hour total anyways.
David being cute while we wait for our food.
Me trying to be cute too.
It was really chilly that night so we ran to our car and hoped in. David puts in the key, turns it aannnd..... nothing. No clicking. Nothing. Not a single noise. Ok, no one panic. We didn't leave lights on because they are automatic, and none of the cabin lights are hot, in fact they still work. We decided we need to flag someone down so they can jump our car. I flag the first car that leaves the parking lot. It just happened to be a family with three little kids. Haha, so as they go to leave the parking lot I slowly started waving at them as I walk towards their car. They were kinda waving like, "Hi.... why is she walking to towards us?" haha I felt so awkward. but they jumped our car and we were on our way. David told me later "I am glad you were with me because I probably would have waited until the last car left before I got up the courage to waive some one down." Poor boy good thing he's got me! Hah, I'm not shy.

Haha. I so look like I'm half asleep in this picture, what can I say it was the end of the day.
We got home and realized our battery head on one side was COMPLETELY corroded. Like there was nothing left but the thin wire-ish edges, corroded. I called our friends and asked if Peter would like to come over the next morning to jump our car so I could get to work. Long story short is Peter followed David around on Saturday jumping the car every time they left a place. The boys replaced the battery head and the car was still having problems. In the end we ended up needing a new battery. Now the car works great! Haha, as it turns out if your battery is empty, the car doesn't work very well, who'dah thought! We were both very thankful that the fix was easy because our car is only 5 years old.
We are so blessed. I can't tell you how many times we have worried a little that our loan money won't quite stretch to the end of this semester. I'm not talking hundreds over or anything like that, just that we might be really close, and the last thing we want to do is ask for more money. But just the other day we paid our tithing and our fast offering, and we tried to be more generous because of all the help we have gotten since moving here. Not a day later we got two checks in the mail (wedding presents) for 4x+ what we paid in our fast offering. It's moments like that I know we will NEVER make it on our own. It was so comforting to know that if we put our trust in the Lord he will be there for you as long as you are trying your best.
2 comments:
It is so wonderful all the blessings we receive from simply having faith! You have such a strong testimony, it helps me to remember all the things the Lord does for me :D
Gabby works at Famous Dave's. Those corn muffins have like 600 calories EACH! But they are good. The brisket is my favorite!
Glad you have so much to celebrate and that you're being taken care of. I think that is one of the blessings that come by living far away from family. You see how much the Lord takes care of you when your parents aren't around to help you out with everything! You see it more clearly and become dependent on Him more. You also see how people take care of each other, and you develop close friendships with people who are in the same boat as you. It's not that you can't have those things with family around, but I think you just see it more and you have to rely on yourself (with heavenly help) and learn what you can do... practicing all those things your parents taught you!! :~)
Post a Comment