Or in Nevada for that matter. Our third day on the road was in New Mexico and Arizona. One of our first stops at a gas station we noticed a fleet of Chevy Corvettes! It was so cool!!!
David standing in a sea of sports cars
David being true to his Idaho Falls roots
Me pretending to touch one
Then one of the owners came out and asked if I wanted to sit in it. And my answer of course was YES!
Ooo Lah-la. They all had cool little stickers on them that said something along the lines of "Journey across America 2011"
Smile David
As usual it takes two :) Funny story about the first try is I used it as his laptop background and he was like "eeew gross I don't want to look at that," haha to which I replied "neither do I." I might be starting to get a point across! Cross your fingers for me!
The road warrior
and me
On to continue the Saguaro cactus conversation. I thought I would see them in Texas, and in New Mexico and when I didn't I started looking them up online. Turns out they only grow in Arizona, an EXTREMELY small part of southern California and in Mexico. Who'd have thought? I can honestly say that I was really shocked. The Saguaro has been unrealistically used as a symbol of the South West for years. I like these trips I feel like I always learn something.
Look how BIG!
Being a cactus
You can't even tell the difference between the two of us
Getting some love
Ooops.... which actually lead to this
Ouch!
Us
David being a Saguaro
Did you know they can grow to be 50 ft tall and live up to 200 years old? And that they are about 75 years old before they even begin to grow their first arm!
Oh, I'm going to touch the buttt (finding Nemo)
I freaking love you!!!
There was just miles and miles of them. I just looked out the window all the sudden I saw some.
They stopped and started to suddenly it was crazy! I was so sad when they faded out too! They were so cool to look at and they were all so unique! I don't want to use the word complain, but I did complain a little when they stopped I was hoping I would get to observe them more then I did. I even mentioned it two days later when we were driving in Utah and David laughed at me, he was surprised I was still thinking about them.
Our friend the Saguaro
1 comment:
:D Kari, your soo much fun!!!!!!! Your blogs keeps me going! haha. I really miss you!
Post a Comment