Wednesday, March 30, 2011

You Won't Believe It

So I have made several recent blog posts and yet I still don't feel like I have told you all what has been going on around here. So now for the part you won't believe, I have officially been called as the young womens second counselor. I know shocking right? I can't lie I've been dying to be there ever since I got kicked out, I mean had to leave young womens, only now I think I can honestly say I'll be able to handle it (kind of, sorta or something like that).  Haha, also I think it's funny because I have been telling David for several weeks or possibly months now that if I got called to another primary calling I wouldn't accept it. Maybe that sounds bad but I'm seriously burned out on primary for the time being, it's the only calling I've had in the last 5 years.

 I still think the craziest part about all of it is I can remember my days in young womens vividly. I loved just about all of my leaders they taught me so much and helped me gain such a strong testimony of the gospel I don't know where I would be without their examples. Let's just say even though I'm totally excited but also a little freaked out.

In other news David and I moved our exercise bike into the living room and it's been great! I've been using while I watch our favorite TV shows for two weeks now, like Chuck :)

Oh yeah and did I mention that once again my job is NOT working out. I don't know what my deal is. Apparently getting Sundays off and an occasional Saturday is impossible here in Ohio. Also when I was hired I was told I would get 20- 25 hours a week and it would go up the longer I was there. Well now I'm working on average 16 hours a week, I never know my schedule more than a week in advance and I'm trying to juggle a church calling that requires me there every Sunday (nursery was the same way).

Some times I feel like I'm just complaining and I need to get over it but EVERY job I've had since we got here has had at least one severely down side. Dillard's made me work almost every Saturday, every other Sunday and most of all they wouldn't write a letter stating that I worked for them full time. If you are thinking "that's not so bad" just know this, that letter would have saved us David's out of state tuition for a semester ($15,000). Working at Fringe by Carrie made me crazy but most of all it made me feel like I couldn't do hair, oh yea and I was working 32 hours a week with a paycheck of $80 every two weeks (and most of the time it wasn't even that much). But she did write me the letter that saved us the second semesters out of state tuition.

Now at Smart Style I feel like I've finally gotten into my hair groove again and that is great, but I just can't handle not knowing my schedule and not getting the hours I was promised. I've been able to work with more ethnic hair lately which has been great fun! Just check out this cut and flat iron job I did.
I know what you are thinking "so shinny" and you are right


I really enjoy learning new ways of doing hair and doing different types of hair. 
 I just don't know what to do anymore. I was thinking about it all day today, or rather fretting, and by the end of my shift I had the best headache ever. Where do I draw the line? Why can't I just find a normal job? It's so frustrating! I am seriously at my wits end. I guess that is all for those subjects.

3 comments:

Haylee Mecham said...

Sorry you are having a hard time finding a job you like! The girls hair looks great.. I need my hair done badly. And I agree on Primary callings they burn you out fast! Congrats on being in YW!!!

Cailey said...

You know, thats the whole frustrating thing about jobs. Either you dont get paid enough, but you love it a lot! Your you get paid pretty decent, but dont get enough hours. or all in all just sucks. :P good luck Kari, just hang in there :o)

Unknown said...

I'm sorry you're having a hard time with work. but congrats about young women's-you'll do great in there! those girls are lucky to have you for a leader! That'll be so much fun! I can't wait to get into a real family ward and leave the college wards behind!

More to Read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Visitors since June 2010