This post is 100% about me. You can give me your opinion and comments if you'd like but my hair has been driving me crazy lately and I hate it short. I like hair, I like to talk about my hair, I like to talk about your hair, his, hers, theirs, etc. I find it interesting how hair grows and changes with us, so I apoligize if you don't find this as interesting as I do.
This is a story about hair, more specifically my hair.
This is a story about hair, more specifically my hair.
Once upon a time there was a girl who had beautiful long virgin hair.
This picture was hard to find. Apparently I put my hair up all the time, or at least in every picture I was in it was up.
Just look at those pigtails! My hair is up and they still go past my shoulders!
It was like this until I was in 8th grade
If you look you can see that my hair in the back is just above my overalls!
And then in 8th grade I cut it off. This is where all the fun starts.
9th grade- short
end of 10th
Beginning of 11th
Right before I permed it
This is once my permed chilled out a little, right before my senior year
Ah, I LOVED my hair like this.
Still growing. This is when my perm started to make my life difficult, I did the logical thing and decided "hey, if I run another perm through my hair while I comb it straight I won't have to straighten out the nasty-ness every day."
.....and then I had to cut it
however I didn't have to dye it red, BUT I did it anyways. Which meant that my senior pictures looked nothing like me my senior year.
By summer it had grown out a bit but then Katie and I decided to put sun-in in our hair .....and I had to cut it out, which brought me to this...
short and I dyed it back to red
I cut it again
I dyed it... are you noticing a pattern here? Basically I can't leave my hair alone, and sadly this is all before beauty school. This is the darkest is my hair has ever been
Back to red
beginning of 2007
End of 2007
2008- beauty school= VERY blonde
... a little tooo blonde (can you say yellow?), don't even ask me what I was thinking
It didn't last long (thankfully) Thanksgiving 08
Even with all my mistakes in Beauty school I kept it pretty long. This picture is of my last night class in Beauty school. Even if I couldn't leave the bleach alone for a while, December 08.
thankfully that weird blonde bang thing didn't last long March 09
ahhh back to normal ( I really REALLY like and liked my hair like this)
and I added permanent extensions..... for about a second
Look how long it FINALLY got! May 09
Then I cut it for my 21st birthday. Not a lot just added some layers to spice it up and help me feel pretty.
which destroyed it! I was so annoyed, apparently my hair doesn't handle layers very well. The best way to describe it is my hair got all stringy at the bottom of every layer and I had to cut off a couple of inches.
But by the end of 2009 I had it figured out, until I dyed it red again
but once again it wasn't really bad to dye it red. My hair was long, shiney and healthy.
it only became a problem when I decided to put blonde back in it. Yea there were many fried off little hairs after this, and just by looking at the picture you can tell I have tons of new spike-y pieces by my part. My hair stayed like that for about 4 months and I used deep conditioner like it would save my hair but I knew it wouldn't.... so I cut it.
and after going to Toledo for a week I realized the summer humidity was going to kill me and my hair sooooo I cut it again. The first time was a must the second time.... I don't know, why do I do this to myself?
I dyed it more brown so I could work on growing out my blonde some. I hate this picture my face looks so fat.
So I was growing it out, trying to "find my roots" if you will. I was growing out my bangs and they were finally getting long enough to put behind my ear but I went through 2-3 months of them being the WORST length ever first.Well then some things happened. I'm going to write about them in another post- one this post is already huge and two- it's been a bit of a mini crisis for me. And now my hair looks like this...
This was just last week (sorry my cell phone picture is so fuzzy but you get the idea). I'll admit I really do like the bangs (now) but I'm still really irritated that I got soooooo close to growing them out and went completely through the annoying stage before I HAD to cut them. Also I was trying to grow out my layers and now they are in full swing again... uhhggg!
It's always a work in progress.















6 comments:
I LOVE YOUR BANGS! . . . sorry about that out burst... just thought i would let you know!
my two favorites are your long red shiny hair and the way your hair is in your wedding pics.. it is gorgeous... but is it way too much maintenance??? I personally love your bangs and layers too.. dont grow them out :)
Ya I love your red hair, that was really pretty. I'm thinking of dying my hair darker, I think it needs a bit of change. And I love your bangs currently!!! Fun post!!! :o)
I think its kinda fun that you changed your hair a lot.. I have never dyed my hair.. cut it a dowen times and now I'm trying to grow it out again! I like your hair short right now! Its fun to change things up!
first of all i LOVE talking about hair.
second you look TONS like your mom now!
third my VERY FAVORITE hair in this post is the one right before your senior pic where it's curly and has your natural color mixed with blonde... LOVE it.
I love your bangs! super cute! I have always wanted extensions! What didn't you like about them? I'm afraid I'll pay to get them and then hate them. But I still want them, I've never had long hair in my life!
Post a Comment