On July 11th (Monday) David and I went up to girls camp with our parent's ward. Our ward was short Priesthood leaders and our Bishop asked David if he would be willing to go up and he said yes. I was a little freaked out because we would be going home the next day which also happened to be the day we were getting sealed. I was worried we weren't going to have time to do all the things we would need to do, but somehow it all worked out. I wish I had take more pictures! It was lots of fun and the girls were great! This was my first time back to girls camp since 2005, which I still can't believe was 6 years ago. It made me miss being in Young Womens with awesome ladies like, Lauren, Amanda, Hilary, Aubrey, Jessica and MANY others. It also made me a little sad that I've been missing Young Womens back home in Toledo ward all summer but I was nothing but I had to remind myself we will be going home to Ohio soon enough.
That evening we did a really cool art project with resin and paint to make pictures look like marble then you put a picture of the Savior in the middle.
Painting our picture
Here's some of the girls pictures
We weren't going to do one originally but David really wanted to one so much (and so did I) that the leaders noticed and told them we could.
Our red marble picture
It was really REALLY sticky and you had to be careful not to smudge your paint too much. We didn't have time to finish ours so the ladies were nice enough to finish it and bring it home for us.
Lovely finished product, its a little sad that the pictures hide all the hard work in the middle but I was VERY happy with how it turned out.
The lovely leaders. It was a fun night until bedtime came around. I slept with the leaders and David slept with the priesthood. That was when I just didn't sleep, I sat awake in my sleeping bag for way too much of the night. It was a little annoying but I guess David said he had the same problem. The night was warm too so not being able to sleep was weird.

1 comment:
OOOHHHH I loooooveee those marble picture things! I'mmm soooo jealous! that is awesome! and kinda weird they seperated you two for sleeping... but kinda makes sense, but still your married! :p haha. o well.
Post a Comment