Thursday, July 29, 2010

Just a small Journey

David and I were married on July 12th, 2010. The next day we drove down to Salt Lake to catch our flight. This is where the adventure begins. We had already driven 217 miles just to get to Salt Lake City but every flight we were on had a layover. There was no other way to fly without spending over $1,000 for each of us. After this last week there is no way you could tell me that the airlines are hurting. Each airline we used made at least $100 for our bags, and we had to use 3 different airlines to get where we were going, Frontier, Southwest and American.

Anyways, from SLC we went to Denver which is 372 miles and about 1 hour.

Layover in Denver= 2 seconds ( we had to run like crazy people to make our connection, WHEW!)

Denver, Colorado -> Detroit Michigan airport 1,139 miles  2 hours and 25 min. (which is actually in Romulus Michigan)

You can't fly into the Toledo airport because it is EXPENSIVE it's a lot like trying to fly into Idaho Falls, it's usually less money to just fly into the next biggest airport and drive the rest of the way to your destination. And that is where we ended our second night as a married couple. The next morning we still needed to get up and drive to Toledo which was another 47 miles and 53 minutes away.

I'm only going to guess our mileage in Ohio because we drove around plenty looking at housing all together it was about 50 miles.... I think.

Then it was back to Detroit (Romulus) +47 Miles & 53 minutes to fly again.

Detroit -> Baltimore, Maryland 397 miles & 50 minutes.

Baltimore -> Ft. Lauderdale, Florida 930 miles, 1 hour and 50 minutes.

David and I were only in Florida for one night and I had to have some skyline chili because there isn't one in Toledo Ohio... What?! I know right, I finally move to Ohio and there's no Skyline Chili, frick. Skyline Chili run +7 miles. (David is so good to -me big smile :D )

Then we went on a 7 day cruise which added 2,052 miles and 3 countries!

And then back to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida -> Dallas, Texas 1,102 miles 2 hours and 12 minutes.

Dallas -> Salt Lake City, Utah!!!! 999 miles and 1 hour

Then we had to an errand to run down in Provo because we knew we wouldn't be able to do it when we move to Ohio. SLC -> Provo 45 miles 51 minutes.

Provo, Utah to Idaho Falls, Idaho aka Home sweet home, +255 miles, 3 hours and 54 minutes!!

Whew! Anyone add it all up? Just in case you didn't our total mileage (approximately) is 7,659 miles. Our travel time was 19 hours and 8 minutes but that time is mainly just flight time because it took us 3/4 days to drive those 50 miles in Ohio, I'm not going to add that to the total because between the cruise excursions and all the other random times we did stuff there are many more minutes miles and hours but I'm already tired from adding up what I have.  Traveling was so exciting and fun but man it wears a person out! I don't know what the stats are exactly for David but this "small journey" added the states Colorado, Michigan, Maryland, and Texas to my list. Also I had never been out of the country before either and I got to add 3 countries to my list all in one week- Georgetown, Mexico and Honduras.

2 comments:

Cailey said...

WOW!!!!!!!!! haha busy Kari! well thanks for the update and what not! thats exciting, i didnt even knew you went on a cruise! Jealous! I wanna go on one with Jeff one of these days.

Unknown said...

Holy cow you guys are busy! I hope you were able to enjoy some of it :)

More to Read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Visitors since June 2010