Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Stars and Jeans Forever

I managed to finish my 4th of July blanket just in time too! I quilted differently then I have ever quilted a blanket before so I was pretty proud of myself.
top

I have four little blue stars and one big one in the center. Because both sides of the quilt are basically jean fabric my fingers were soooo red after trying to pull a needle through both layers, oh well whose complaining it turned out good and maybe I'll have some calluses for the next one.
there are 4 little stars like this
and this BIG one in the middle
bottom
Big Star in the middle
This is the little and big stars on the back you can see the big one much better
AND last but not least the binding, once again it was a tough job because the jean fabric was so thick! I had to pin every 3-4 inches to keep it all in place! But I was really happy with the out come.
I think my favorite part is that the blue and red are checkered! It's a really cool effect and it was pretty simple to do. Last words- It was worth it, and I got to sit with my baby and watch the fireworks! 
lovely binding

1 comment:

Cailey said...

I'm so jealous!!! I sooooooooooOOOOOooOOOOOooo! need to learn/start quilting. sounds like a great way to take up my time rather than sit and watch TV all day lol. ooo that looks soo good! Kari im so jealous. You got some AWESOME skills ;) haha. teach me!~!!! lol.

More to Read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Visitors since June 2010