Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Melting like a popsicle on the 4th of July

 

Wow what a great 4th! Or should I say 2nd/ 3rd? Haha either way it was way fun. David's dad side of the family came up from Utah (David's dad is the oldest of 8 so there's a lot of them) it was such a blast! It made me miss the 4th of July celebrations we used to have when my Dad's side of the family was younger, there were little kids every where it was just so crazy fun. We all went to the big block part that David's parents court puts on every year. We had some good good polish dogs, snowcones, ice cream, and cotton candy! Yummy yummy. David's cousin Abbey and I made David get his face painted, that was a hoot! Abbey is 8 and she is sooo darn cute!! I had a cloud a moon and stars on my face and David had a sun and a cloud (ahhh we matched so priceless). I would have taken a picture but my camera battery decided to bail out on my so I didn't get any... Very disappointed you will just have to imagine the image of David, Abbey and I with face paint in your head. David's family does fireworks every year too so I got to light off some fireworks for the first time in about 3 years (Me=pyro) haha I even burnt my hand and I could smell my burning flesh! Now that's fun! Am I right?
at the family BBQ
Julie and I
The girls
David helped set up the fireworks on the 1st, 2nd, and the 3rd from 8-5pm and he was getting all of us excited by telling us how big all the ammo was. He was supposed to finish at 11am on Saturday but he worked until almost 7pm. That was a bummer because he wasn't able to go to my family's BBQ before the fireworks. When I showed up to my family's BBQ everyone was like "Hey where is your better half, we know you already! we want to see David!".... gee thanks guys. I have to admit it was a great show and it's the biggest one we have had so far.  I like being around David's family, because I'm the "new one" everyone wanted to be around me especially all the little girls and they were so cute and fun to be around. I was like the new toy :)
Cammie, Kate and Abbey- Pile on David!
My new buddies
Silly faces everyone! (these pictures turned out horrible sorry everyone) BUT what you can't see is that we are all sitting on my new quilt! go me go me haha :P
Most of the Girly's
When we went to leave my Mom was cold so my dad just wrapped her up in every blanket we had haha it was pretty funny.
I think she warmed up a bit

1 comment:

Cailey said...

haha those are some fun pictures! Man i'm sooo mad at myself i forgot my camera this year.

More to Read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Visitors since June 2010