Our last day in the hospital was mostly just little Davie and I. David really did go to school and study until 3, but we were glad when he did finally come and we got to eat lunch with him. Our last day also included a shower for me, hurray for baths! The one thing that made the hospital the most uncomfortable was all the plastic under everything. I'm not typically a sweaty gal but I felt like every time I got comfy or sat some where to long I'd start sweating. That's what a hospital is like though, they have to be able to clean up all the body fluids that get on stuff (yuck).

While I was at the hospital I didn't get much sleep. Not because little Davie kept me up crying but because I was too paranoid to send him to the nursery. I wanted him close by and I didn't want to create a situation where they might give him formula, little Davie is a nursed baby and he is doing a pretty good job. I'm sure looking back on it now I was also feeling quite a bit of anxiety about letting him out of my sight in general. Little Davie roomed with me and only left without me or David once or twice? The hospital really did a good job of taking care of him in my room.
While I was at the hospital I didn't get much sleep. Not because little Davie kept me up crying but because I was too paranoid to send him to the nursery. I wanted him close by and I didn't want to create a situation where they might give him formula, little Davie is a nursed baby and he is doing a pretty good job. I'm sure looking back on it now I was also feeling quite a bit of anxiety about letting him out of my sight in general. Little Davie roomed with me and only left without me or David once or twice? The hospital really did a good job of taking care of him in my room.
As our last day came to an end I was starting to feel anxious about going home. I think it had more to do with what happened the last time I went home with a baby and nothing to do with me being scared to go home and take care of Davie.
hepatitis shot, ugh this got me teary eyed. Not looking forward to getting shots with him at EVERY pediatric appointment over the next 2 something years.
I kept wondering when the water works were going to turn on. When I had him I noticed an instant change in how I felt. I went from feeling like I was a little fuzzy from Nubain and complete tunnel vision to feeling super alert and shocked (definitely in a good way). The timing on my Nubain couldn't have been better, it is good for about an hour and I had little Davie within the hour they gave it to me. My reasons for trying to go natural were to help me hopefully bond better with baby. With everything I had been through it was something that had me quite concerned. I was too excited to be sad or teary eyed the first evening. The second day I did tear up a little here and there but not a lot until David and I got talking at our special dinner. That was when I really started crying. I was sad because I kept thinking about how little Davie is going to grow up. I have realized that a lot of my sadness comes from already feeling like I missed out on watching one baby grow up. Uhh, just writing about it is making me tear up.
This little face reminded me of Tiger on Fievel Goes West, Little Davie is giving us the "LAZY eye."
I'm pretty sure this was his discharge weight 6 pounds 8 ounces.
he just loves to touch his face, I just wish he didn't love to poke his eye out!
Such a sweet baby.
Daddy's hands and Baby's hands
love the hair
This is my favorite. I just kept doing that skin to skin stuff and smelling him. Ah, I just want to inhale him and I want to remember everything about him being this small.
This is such a sad picture but he hates being naked so after we changed him he was all spotty from crying, poor baby!
Daddy came to eat lunch with us
The hospital I went to here in Ohio wasn't quite as nice as Mountainview but it was also quite a bit older. Towards the end of the night, even though I was excited to go home, I started crying a little again. Going home was just one more step closer to starting life.
baby toes :)
Getting him in his carseat so we can take him HOME!
Haha his straps were soooo big!
We had to roll up the little sleeves 3 inches, and his little feet barely came past the zipper by the crotch.
Me and my little baby bear
He was swimming in it!
All bundled up and ready for the cold ride home
The winter this year has been so incredibly mild but the night we went to go home it was snowing like crazy! It snowed almost a foot. On our ride home I was worried that little Davie was going to cry a bunch because he was not very happy when we started putting him in his bear suit. BUT as soon as we got in the car, I started crying. A. Lot! I was just soooo happy to be with my little family and little Davie was being so good. I am so thankful for David, he got me crying even harder when he said he wished he had had time to clean up the house some more before Davie and I came home or got us some flowers. I was just so thankful for him and it really was the thought that counted.
Finally home and chilling out. It was so much more cozy then the hospital had been. About the time we got all settled in David had to leave and pick up my Mama from the airport. It took David 2 hours to do a 45 minute drive, but everyone made it home safe and sound.











2 comments:
Don't feel too bad about all the tears, I always cry for about 2 weeks after having a baby. Those hormones are just one bad trip! Davie is SO very cute and I'm so glad he is a good sleeper for you, that always makes sanity so much nicer.
AWE!!!! He's so adorable! I know my mom had a really hard time, after she had to give up her first baby, and then when she had me, she didnt want her babies to be out of the room, and she had a lot of anxiety too, just because of the first experience. But dont worry, you wont be feeling that for long! Just know your not the only one to feel the way you did! Oh he is the cutest baby I've seen! I wish I could see you guys!:o)
Post a Comment