Lately many of you have been asking me, "when are you and David going to get married?" That is a good question, and without getting into ALL the details (there's a lot more then there should be) here's our story. When David originally proposed to me our plan was to be married on July 12th in the Salt Lake City temple. Well too put it gently "things" have changed. As many of you know I have been married before. Although it feels like a life-time ago it is currently affecting my ability to get married in the temple now :(
David and I were given a very difficult choice;
#1. Get married civilly and wait a year to get married in the temple
OR
#2. Wait until October when they say they will get to my papers. Keeping in mind that October is when they will get to them. They told us it would take about 3 weeks after that to fully process them (whatever that means)
David and I playing with photo booth
And as always having a little toooo much fun
David is leaving for Ohio in August for Medical school, which is another reason why we picked July. We didn't want to have to be separated for several months and have David go to school out East alone. But with lots of thought prayer, fasting and a couple of temple visits we have decided to wait. Bleh! It's really going to be difficult but we have decided that our relationship is worth waiting to start right, and for us that means waiting for the temple.
We are not sure on a date yet but it will most likely be the second week in December. It will be in the Bountiful Temple because that is where we did our fist session together (ah isn't that cute?). This is when David has school off and we can be with our families for Christmas then we will go back to Ohio together. It's a bummer but it will be worth it in the end.
This is a good picture because I picked Daffodils as my flower along with the colors green and yellow. Initially I was thinking I would change them because the wedding will be in the winter but the more I thought about it the more I realized it would be really cool to just have totally unique colors. Not only that but David and I will take all of our pictures before he leaves for school in August so they will all be green and pretty. So it all works out.
5 comments:
Oh man! What an annoying process!! But you can't go wrong when you feel that you're doing what the Lord is asking of you. :) I'm proud of you guys you're such a cute couple!!
Hey Kari that is so awesome you guys are waiting not everyone could make that hard decision! You guys are so smart to "start it the right way" :) i am so excited for you and i am so happy you found your prince charming :)
really happy for you! and ps you look beautiful!
Kari! I completely agree... your marriage is COMPLETELY worth starting the right way! I am so excited for you both! Congrats and good luck with the wait... that really does stink! Love your blog by the way!
Daffodils are my favorite flower! Good choice!
I'm so excited for you Kari
Post a Comment