Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day

This post is going to be late but I don't care. I tried to fit it in on Sunday but I didn't have time to type it up. The posts I made were already half typed and all I had to do was finish them. I love mother's day. I have never gotten my Mother anything amazing for mother's day but I really probably should.

Last year I typed up some reasons why I love my mom so I don't want to repeat by typing another list. So instead I'm going to try and tell you some of the things I thought of this Mother's day (hopefully I won't wander too badly). After having Colin I think I have a whole new prespective on Mom's in general. Normally a Mom does two things for us, 1) They create us or give us physical life and 2) They give us their life, and by that I mean time, love, engergy etc. For now I have only been able to do the first half of that but I definitely look forward to being able to do both. I have never had a more difficult decision but I have never been more happy with the outcome either. This way we both get to live our lives fully. I love getting pictures of him and bragging about how cute he is! There is no cuter baby. Not only that but I am so thankful for Colin's Mom. I'm glad I found her and I'm glad she was ready to raise him the way he should be.
Now for a little on my Mama. I love her so much. I've never had a better example. She just loves everybody. She's always so sweet and nice, but she makes me look like such a brat! Hah let's just say someone knew I would have to learn how to be sweet and they knew it wasn't going to come from my Dad (jk I love you Dad). I have watched her go through many trials, most especially having cancer, and it seems like they only humble her more. Not only that but she's always smiling. That's probably where I learned it. My Mom was always good for a pick-me up or a note saying "I love you!" left in random places. I just hope I can be as close to my children as she is. I know they say the best parents aren't friends but my Mom was both. I always knew I could turn to her but I also knew she wasn't going to let me get away with anything. I love her.
You can't see her face in this first one but I still really really like this picture.
My Mama with me, my Brothers, and Suzy.
I hope I didn't ramble or wander too badly it was diffuclt to decide how I wanted to say what I had to say. My main point, Mother's day is the best!

1 comment:

Cailey said...

:o) Awe! that was sweet Kari!

More to Read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Visitors since June 2010