Thursday, May 27, 2010

Happy Birthday Colin!

This time a year ago at 7:11 am I had my first baby. I still can't even believe it has been a year. The whole ordeal just feels like another time and place (another life?). It's crazy how excited I am for Colin, his family has blessed his life and mine more then I could ever imagined.
It's still difficult at times but only because I want to have my own kids. Colin never really was mine. I read a journal entry yesterday from May of last year and in it I wrote that I felt a lot more like Colin's sister then his mother. When he got here I can remember feeling very close to him but I also remember feeling VERY strongly that he just wasn't mine. If you haven't ever given a baby up for adoption you will probably never understand but it was very profound. Another thing that I read and I remember was having the song "I am a Child of God" stuck in my head all the time while I was pregnant with Colin. Boy isn't that the truth! We are both Children of God, and so is everyone else. It was experiences like this and KNOWING that Colin's family was the right one that got me through that last struggle before he went home. I am so thankful for Colin and that experience.

4 comments:

Katie Seamons said...

Kari,
I feel guilty for viewing your blog and never commenting. I am Jessica K's Cousin and was intrigued by one of your blog entry titles. I read your whole story about your adoption and I am very thankful for your honesty. My oldest sister gave a child up for adoption but she never talks about it. I am grateful to read your story and maybe understand what she went through a little more. Thanks and sorry for secretly reading for so long! -Katie

Katie Seamons said...

p.s. I am really happy for you with your new love! And, you are welcome to blog stalk me even though I don't have anything notable to talk about...

Anonymous said...

I think everyone wonders how much other people really read their blog; so to be honest I am just suprised you were interested enough to read that much. It's actually a compliment to me. Thank you for your comment I didn't know that anyone but my family or friends read it. I'm also glad to hear that you feel like you might be able to understand your sister better. Adoption is a tough thing to understand I am just blessed to have come through it so well.

Cailey said...

My sister in law, Jen, admited to reading your blog once, and she was so extremely impressed and intrigued. I think I told you, that they adopted their first child, Brooke. She wanted me to tell you what a blessing it was for them. I believe that even as difficult as it was for you to endure, what it turned out to be such a blessing! Kari, I know that you will be truely blessed with having a wonderful family with David, and knowing that Colin is in such a wonderful place right now. You are so inspiring to me, and I feel truely blessed to have you one of my best friends!!!

More to Read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Visitors since June 2010