Memorial day weekend is here and David's family decided to go on a trip. I couldn't go for several reasons but mainly I'm in school and I have class EVERY day. So I told him "you should go and have some fun." He left this morning and now I'm sitting here thinking "What was I thinking?!" Haha no I wanted him to go, the biggest plus side will be this particular blog entry. Usually when I write on here he reads over my shoulder mainly because he is curious but he often corrects my punctuation and grammar as well (kind of drives me crazy but I need it). Well it's no fun to brag about someone on a blog post if they are reading it over your shoulder, so now that he is not here it's time to brag a bit.
Ten things I like about David
1. He is so thoughtful and kind! I can't even name how many times he has brought up my comfort over his. Many times he will remember me saying something in passing and then he will act on it (so cute!). Not only that but he doesn't point out my flaws in a demeaning way he is kind an courteous which makes me want to be a better person.
2. He likes to just BE with me. There are many times where we don't even have to talk but he doesn't mind spending time with me even if we are doing nothing.
3. He is smart! David received his bachelor's in Chemical Engineering in 4 years, the average time most people get it is 6 years, and he graduated high school with a 4.15..... wow! I know he's too smart for me but he seems to love me anyways and he has been so helpful and patient with me and my homework since I went back to school this spring.
4. He picks me over just aout everything and everyone else. That might sound obsessice but it's not. the fact that he is willing to choose me first makes me want him to be happy too, and I have foudn that I am not nearly as high strung or controlling as I thought I was (or was told I was).
5. He likes to hold my hand, put his arm around me and all that mushy stuff. All those simple little touches don't seem like much but they mean so much. I love it when we are sitting at church or in the car and he squeezes my hand. Not only that but if I say anything about my back, leg, arm or anything else is hurting he is immediately trying to figure out where and fix it for me.
6. He is always so warm! Haha to be more accurate he is always hot. That is one of my more favorite little things about him. If my hands are cold I just put them on his neck. It took me a while to realize that he really did like that and he wasn't just pretending like he did to make me happy. (opposites attract)
7. He heads straight for me first wherever we are. I mainly like this because it makes me feel important but really I'm the same way with him so it's nice to have so much in common.
8. He let's me pick: where we eat, where we play, what we do. Because he is so thoughtful I find myself wanting to be more and more thoughtful as well, it really is a great habit to get into.
9. He listens to me. If I tell him something in passing he remembers. This part is silly but I think it's so sweet that he is willing to do it, David let's me pick out his clothes. We girls just love to give fashion advice and he is willing to listen to it. Two thumbs up David!
10. He is cheerful. David just doesn't get mad. This is a challenge for me as a girl and with my personality. I can be such a brat! His example has helped me a lot and I feel like I control myself better.
What more can I say? I love the Boy! I think recently the best thing he did was decide that he wanted to wait to get married so we could get married in the temple. It doesn't sound like a big deal but it really was. David and I have both been through a lot when it comes to relationships, so to finally find someone else who is willing to put in their 100% and then be told to wait 6 months to marry them was really difficult for us. I am glad that he gave it the proper amount of thought, prayer, and fasting to come to his conclusion. He's been gone for less then a day and I already wish I could see him, I don't know how we are going to go 2 months without seeing each other but it will be worth it.
1 comment:
That's a pretty sweet post! I love the lovey-dovey stuff! He sounds like a keeper! I'm happy for you Kari, and I know you won't take it for granted!
Post a Comment