Most of you already know this because of facebook, but I am happy to say that.... I AM ENGAGED!! The date I've picked is July 12th 2010. It's exactly 100 years after my great-great-grandparents got married. I found this out when I was in Ohio this last summer and was teasing I should get married on that day next year HA... HA... Oh Wow how things change!
Thus far the most common comment I've gotten is "wow that was fast", or "boy you sure didn't waste anytime". So for the record I would like to say that David and I have known each other for about 9 months now, and we will have known each other for over a year when we do get married. Having said that I think that's reasonable, right?
Everything would be different if David wasn't who he is, and that is, AMAZING. David and I have slowly gone from acquaintances, to Friends, to awkward friends (haha), to dating over this last year. After everything I have been through that was exactly what I needed. Not only that but he has been so patient with me and my inability to make up my mind. Because of all of my past experiences I found myself constantly trying to find something horribly wrong with him, and not that he doesn't have flaws but he is exactly the type of Man I was looking for.
Soooooo I'm going to tell you about David. We met on a date that his Mom set us up on. I still remember the first time I met her. It was about this time last March, she started asking me if I was excited about having a baby... poor lady didn't know my story, so I told her. By the end of my story she was all upset about my Ex and what had happened to me, as she walked away I asked my Mom who she was and she told me "that's Sister Warden", me- " I like her". Then in June after having Colin I bore my testimony. After Sacrament meeting Sister Warden came up to me and said "You have to go on a date with my son!". I was all for being set up!! A couple weeks later I went on a date with David. It was lots of fun but he was very shy so I didn't think too much of it. Then I went to Ohio and Vegas for about 3 weeks.
Over the summer we kept things casual and we saw each other fairly often. I might also add that we dated other people. Then when fall came we started going to institute and singles branch activities together weekly. I got to know him better and we had lots of fun. Then around Christmas we decided we both liked each other and we started dating. We have been hanging out just about every day since then! David is my best friend!
David graduated from Idaho Falls High School (he's the enemy I know! jk) in 2003. He played football, wrestled and ran track. He was a first team All State offensive linemen his senior year and a captain of the football team. David went on to serve a mission to Ecuador, Guayaquil North, got sick in the middle, and finished up in San Antonio, Texas. This last spring he graduated from BYU with a degree in Chemical Engineering (Magna Cum Laude Honors I might add).
He's been interviewing for medical schools this last year and has been accepted to one and is on several first tier waiting lists. As far as who he is I can honestly say that he is the opposite of me in many ways, which is a very good thing. David is quiet, shy and steady while I am lively, outgoing and can be all over the place. Some neat things about us- both of us are the oldest in our families and his parents are the oldest in theirs, we both have birthdays in June and his is three years and three days before mine. But most importantly he and his brother introduced me to Pride and Prejudice - LOVE THAT SHOW.
Calling his Grandma to tell her the news :)
On to the good part. Last Wednesday David took me on a date and we ate at Red Lobster for dinner. He's always really good about doing things I want to do. This is very sweet but it keeps me on my toes because I have to remind myself to ask him what HE wants haha or beat it out of him whichever happens first. He was being off-ish all week about the specifics of what we were going to do, how long, where and everything else. That was my first clue, usually when I ask him a question I get the LONG version of the answer :) and that date was yes, no, I can't tell you, or you'll just have to wait and see.
On our way home he was becoming even more secretive and I was under the impression that I was asking fairly random/ normal questions. On top of that he kept saying his stomach wasn't feeling good anymore. As we came around the back street to my house I saw his parents car on my street. That was when I realized something was definitely up. As he walked me to the door I could feel his hand was shaking and when we got to the step my brother was peeking out the window. When he rang the doorbell no one answered so he gave me a hug.
Will you marry me?
YES!
Whew she said yes!
All the pretty roses
David's Mom :)
David- I'm so relieved
Look how great David did at looking at the camera! I on the other hand was soooo bad I had to delete several pictures with me in them because I wasn't looking at the camera.
Celebration time. Cream soda, Martinelli's and ice cream.
Believe it or not I was so full I turned down ice cream
I was pretty happy, couldn't wipe the grin off my face!
David's Grandma, Dad and Mom
Can I just say I am so very happy that I get along with his parents, and that his parents are still married and get along themselves. Sister Warden got me a gift certificate to Essence of You that was so sweet of her. Her exact words were "if you're going to be a Warden you're going to need it". I'm just so glad their family is as crazy as mine.
I'm sure you can tell that the roses were beautiful just by looking at them in the pictures of me holding them but I had to get a good picture.
Mom and Jordan
David's thinking- Wow that looks good on her finger
There's the story everyone! Sorry it took almost a week to get on here. It didn't help that I was already several posts behind. I have been soooo busy lately. Initially I was looking for a salon job but I found myself constantly getting called to nanny. That has turned out to be such a great experience I have loved every minute of it! I'm also glad that apparently I do well enough to get referrals. The ladies I work for have been telling all of their friends and together they all have kept me plenty busy. I'm still working for the school district but that has slowed since all the nannying jobs started. Let me just say what a blessing those jobs have been. I get paid VERY well I don't usually work very long hours and I love doing it. I have also tried my best to snowboard as often as time and money allow this season and that has been fun too.
5 comments:
I think Ben and I have the record of getting married the fastest.
KARI!! i am so happy for you! i was in the worst mood and then i read this and now i am so happy :) don't worry, i don't think you moved too fast! my sister got married about a year after she got divorced. you guys know better than anyone the way that you feel. when you know you know! and especially for people that have been through divorce, i think it's easier for them, because they realize what a great thing they have now compared to before. you guys look so happy! congratulations!!
I dont think it was fast at all and you were in reasonable timing! :) now my cousin Alyse that got married thursday... now that was fast. She posted a week before she was getting married that she was engaged, then couple days later saying she was getting married that thurs rather than in sept like they planned. anyways... about my dog. speaking of dogs, I actually might get one in Aug! I'll post a blog about it haha. But ya I'm so excited for you Kari, I really am! dang... 7-12... thats on a monday! haha but awesome. I am not sure if I can make it, maybe that weekend :) I'll do my best thou. k I'm blabbering like a spider-monkey jacked up on Mountain dew! he he he.
Kari!! I'm soooo happy for you! I knew that was coming! You looked too happy with him in all of you're previous posts! Ha! Don't listen to people who think you went fast, 9 months is a long time. I dated Tim for 2 months, and KNEW I was going to marry him! I wish you all the happiness in the entire world! You deserve it!
Congratulations again! Thanks for the story--who doesn't love hearing a cute love story?? :) So excited for you!
Post a Comment