So a little while ago David and I went to Florida to look at homes, by ourselves, sans the babies!
We waited too long to check into our flight so we didn't get to sit together; however the flight was non-stops so at least it was short. The whole trip was AMAZING and I am just that much more convinced that we need to try to do some kind of a getaway (even if it's super cheap) once a year ~always. Its so weird how little we really did, but how much fun we had just being ALONE together. We joked that it was our way of making up for not hardly spending any one on one time with each other over the last year. Like a 7 day mega date.
This car is called a Spark, and I used to own a car just like it (not a hatchback) back when it was called an Aveo. When we went to pick up our rental car, we had no idea what kind of car we would be getting, this little car passed us. I laughed as I thought about how tiny the car was and how small it would be to have my six foot two husband in it. Then sure enough the lady took us right to it.
Economy Rental=Tiny
The temperature upon our arrival was definitely agreeable. This is a good time to mention that my mother was experiencing a snowpocolypse in Columbus, a city she had never visited before, alone with both of our kids.... whoops. Could not have planned that any better (sarcasm).
We took the first day to drive around and spy on the houses we were interested in, since we had an appointment with our relator and the builder the next day. When we went to Chili's we had to park between these cars. We thought it was funny because you have the smallest version of a Ford sedan that was red, then the smallest Chevy (also in red) then the same car in black. We stayed our first night in a stinky musty hotel because it was SUPER cheap because that is what we are all about. This is a good place to mention that this whole trip was only possible because I got a random call from a company who sells time shares and got a sweet deal on our rental car, a condo to stay in and park hopping tickets to Universal (which would NOT have happened otherwise). Our trip was longer than the condo time we were given though so that's where our musty but classy 3 star hotel stay comes in.
On our trip to Publix I saw this in their entrance. I don't know why it made me so happy but it did. It was like seeing an old friend. O T-town you will always hold a place in my heart.
I like Publix, it reminds me of Kroger, but it seems a bit more expensive so I'll have to price it out a little when we get there. I'll blog more about the housing dealeo later, but we finished the house hunt on our second day with our first relator visit. Whole trip=done in one day! (sigh of relief)
This was the real reason why I enjoyed our stay so much. There is nothing like a girl and her favorite ice cream. This is a good moment to shamelessly (or rather not so shamelessly) admit that we ate a gallon and a half of ice cream during our 7 day visit. Between my beloved bear claw, that Kroger no longer carries (for whatever reason), and the Blue Bell we could NOT resist. Did I mention we found our house our second day there? Yea that made more time for ice cream too.
The hair cut you see with me holding the ice cream above, I actually gave to myself. I didn't like it. I got compliments on it but I hated it. I'm going through a phase. In Florida I managed to convince David to go with me so I could get it cut... again... for the 3rd time... that month. At first he was like "yea, no"; however, he's been less than thrilled with my constant talk of getting a pixie cut so I managed to convince him that it would be fun and that he could take the scissors away from the stylist if things got to short. He agreed and I think it actually was enjoyable to be together for that. In our normal lives this would have never happened. I'm still not in love with the cut, but that is a story for another blog post.
I went to my first teppanyaki restaurant, also courtesy of the time share deal.
Did I mention that we got free Universal tickets? Yup we did. Last May when we went it was HOT already and Diagon Alley had not yet opened. This time when we went the weather was AH-MAZing! Seriously we enjoyed ourselves like no other.
Enjoying some fun time after all of our one day of hard work.
12 Grimauld place
Hogwarts Express
Diagon Alley!
Going to Universal off season and for free made the ENTIRE time we spent there so incredibly chill. We enjoyed the crap out of it.
Joke shop
And of course there was Butterbeer. We only ended up going to Univeral two times because of parking costs and because of the fact Escape from Gringotts was closed both times. It was the only ride we REALLY wanted to go on since we had already been on all the others and recently. The ride had to be closed for off season maintenance, which was very lame. It was really weird to feel so happy about only going twice, I definitely felt like we got our money's worth though.
The rest of the time we drove around and looked at things. Wednesday was our design center appointment (more about that later) and thats really about all we did besides our dating binge, which mostly consisted of eating out together. I'd love to say those meals were in silence because we didn't have the kiddies, but you can't forget who David married :D I gladly filled the quite, and had many a good conversation with David.

My last name alma mater on a mug. I just made that up please don't tell me it's wrong it made sense in my head and that's all that matters.
Last, but definitely NOT least, I have a great story about how our time share hard sale went. If you are still reading this lucky you because it's funny, or at least we certainly thought so. We got an older man, tough life, smoker, Easterner, married to an expensive New York lady, has 3 daughters. He was telling us "if you move to Orlando you don't want people to visit you so if you have a time share then you can have them visit there instead". It made me laugh because we DO want people to stay with us and that is a HUGE reason why we got the house that we did. Then while touring the time share condo he brings David and I into the master bedroom and after closing the door behind us he says "what do you see?" we mumbled our answers with whatever because we had already realized he was a little different from us. He then cut us off by exclaiming, rather loudly, "Privacy! I'm not going on vacation to not have sex with my wife!" Awwwkward and uh eewww! Oh man and that wasn't all he did. The hard sale was only supposed to last 120 min and he went over, we felt like we were there forever. Right as we were finally getting to leave and had told them we weren't going to buy anything (which we told him from the VERY beginning) he says "I guess I'll go home and kick my dog in the nuts!" Like I said he was so full of charm and this is where I'll leave you.

My last name alma mater on a mug. I just made that up please don't tell me it's wrong it made sense in my head and that's all that matters.
Last, but definitely NOT least, I have a great story about how our time share hard sale went. If you are still reading this lucky you because it's funny, or at least we certainly thought so. We got an older man, tough life, smoker, Easterner, married to an expensive New York lady, has 3 daughters. He was telling us "if you move to Orlando you don't want people to visit you so if you have a time share then you can have them visit there instead". It made me laugh because we DO want people to stay with us and that is a HUGE reason why we got the house that we did. Then while touring the time share condo he brings David and I into the master bedroom and after closing the door behind us he says "what do you see?" we mumbled our answers with whatever because we had already realized he was a little different from us. He then cut us off by exclaiming, rather loudly, "Privacy! I'm not going on vacation to not have sex with my wife!" Awwwkward and uh eewww! Oh man and that wasn't all he did. The hard sale was only supposed to last 120 min and he went over, we felt like we were there forever. Right as we were finally getting to leave and had told them we weren't going to buy anything (which we told him from the VERY beginning) he says "I guess I'll go home and kick my dog in the nuts!" Like I said he was so full of charm and this is where I'll leave you.
















3 comments:
Well that sales guy sounds like a creep. Glad you got to spend quality alone time with the hubby tho. I agree it needs to be a yearly thing!
Who watched your kids? I'm so jealous. I would love to get away for a whole week! Jesse and I got away for just one night last year and it was amazing! We would gladly come visit you in Florida sometime :). Ha ha, I'm sure you would love that...
Karen my Mom came out and watched them for us. We paid for half of her ticket, so it ended up being a better deal than getting a babysitter, or two. And I am being totally serious about visitors! All I ask is for a heads up :) We are so excited to have space for visitors!
Post a Comment