Monday, March 23, 2015

My 3 Year Old

This little boy is growing up too fast. Lately whenever I look at him all I see is how much he has changed. How tall he is, how he's shedding all his baby fat and of course losing his sweet little baby face. 
He was the BIGGEST stinker for this photo shoot, but I have managed to find a photographer here in Columbus who just snaps like crazy (love her). His totally awesome superman jacket was a non-planned Birthday present that I randomly found at Meijer for $5! Usually the jackets with the capes are just too expensive and I was so excited. There's really no need to mention this but he loves it. I love the look on his face when we are in public and strangers say things like "oh look it's superman!"
Sometimes I feel bad or guilty because when he was born I didn't cry immediately afterwards or get really emotional, until the night we took him home. I cried like crazy all the way home. That's not totally true because I did cry a little here and there at the hospital, but it was mainly when I would think about him growing up :(  I still tend to cry or get emotional when I think about how big he is getting, which is usually during his nap time. I don't know what it is about his sleeping little body that gets me so emotional. It does, however, explain why I have a million pictures of him sleeping. I'm sure it has something to do with his inability to snuggle or ever hold still.
This picture was tough for him to understand. He didn't quite realize what we were going for and of course he only wanted to get up to run around. 
D is for DAVIE!
I love how he loves to read. It melts my heart and I'm sad that its so tough to read to him now that Macy is here. We are trying to read to him more since we noticed we had been neglecting that aspect of our relationship with him. 
The coloring on this picture is so pretty. 
I didn't think any of these pictures were going to turn out, he was so busy and like I said being such a stinker. Too cheesy, too wiggly, never looking at the camera, etc, etc, etc.
A good smile.
Another tongue sticking out pic. Davie can technically count to ten. However he prefers to drive us nuts and act like its so hard and basically be a turd haha. 
I don't know what we are going to do when we move to Florida because I don't want to cut his hair and it might be a little hot to have his hair this long in the summer. I always thought if I had a boy I would want his hair short and spiked but his soft blonde hair makes him look like my baby. How can I cut it?!?
More silly faces.
He had a really tough time wearing two shirts to this photo shirt. He kept trying to take the plaid shirt off because he "didn't want to wear two shirts!" He also kept calling the overshirt a coat.
This is the book his great grandma gave him, it has a bunch of classic fairy tales in it with adorable pictures in it. 
Davie is still a slow and picky eater. He's like me though because I have noticed that if we give him any one food item too often I think he gets sick of it and will stop asking for it or wanting it... or eating it.
Davie has finally started showing some jealousy and regressed behavior now that Macy has become mobile. It's really funny to me that it's taken this long. Silly me I thought maybe we had skipped that ;) At least it's nothing dramatic, mostly just whining (the fake kind) and copying of Macy. Things like wanting sippy cups or baby snacks. 
It was VERY cold for this photo shoot. I felt bad that we didn't have him in a real coat, but it didn't slow him down so I'm sure he was fine. In photo shoots its all about the look right? 
Telling us about the story he is reading. 
I love his bright blue eyes, they hold SO much life. 
He kept looking up at the balloons, which was a little frustrating but this picture turned too good to complain. I love that the "modern" style of photography is candid. 
One of the things Davie has started telling me lately is that I'm pretty. He does so many sweet little things and I try to remember them when he is being naughty. Little boys are such a mixed bag of behaviors! And I should add emotions, little boys are plenty emotional.
When I look at this picture, aside from his little nose and cheeks, the first things I see are his chubby little fingers. It's one of the features that are slowly leaving his body and I'm really trying to soak him up before he's an actual kid. 
Just chillaxing
This post would't be complete without at least one sentimental story about this little boy. It's no secret that he LOVES people and like all little kids he can get too silly and become a little obnoxious. A little while ago we went to dinner with a bunch of people and Davie starting really getting in someone's personal space. I asked him multiple times to stop, sit down, talk to someone else, etc. You name it I asked, suggested, begged, pleaded. I finally just picked him up (rather roughly) and took him into the other room because I was so mad at him for ignoring me.

 I had been planning on getting him in big trouble, but when I looked down and very sternly asked him why he wasn't listening or behaving, he got these tear huge tears in his eyes. It pierced my heart, and he went on to tearfully tell me that he just wanted to talk to so-and-so. He was so sad! And it hit me, he wanted so badly to be a part of what was happening that he just couldn't control himself. I remembered how difficult it was for me to fit in on OH so may occasions growing up (when I was really little, all the way up until recently). So instead of disciplining I gave him a big hug and said I was sorry that he didn't get to talk to who he wanted to. We had a rare moment where he sat on my lap hugging me and I held him. It was so sweet and I am so thankful that I didn't rush to punishment because being little can be so tough when all you want is to be included so badly. I was able to feel such a deep love for him and pride in myself for controlling my temper. 
If you can't tell his is screaming at the top of his lungs in this picture. Did I mention it was really cold? He did a great that day anyways. 
The sweetest face I know. 
In this picture we asked him to scream, he gladly obliged. 

1 comment:

Kade and Stephie said...

He is so handsome! I got teary-eyed just reading this, and realizing how fast time has gone by. I remember us both being preggo and just being anxious for our little miracles. Now 3 years old....how??? Love all the pictures btw.

More to Read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Visitors since June 2010