It's true, even with everything that's been going on I am still pregnant... with my 3rd baby, that still blows my mind. About 90% (or more) of my doctors appointments have been between classes or on Fridays so that I didn't have to take Davie or miss class. I recently passed my glucose test, and my hemoglobin levels are excellent too, just in case you all wanted to know.
Aside from that I think I have spent more time on my bottom during this pregnancy than any of my others which has lead to my weighing as much as I did when I delivered Davie and Colin already. Only I was 7.5 ish months along not 9 months. Yeah that was a tough moment. All that sitting in class, and studying on top of bad schedules and general lack of energy for working out there has also been a large amount of eating out. Throw in David never being around and Davie eating like a mouse and eating out becomes a very wonderful alternative for cooking.
This pregnancy has been different than my other two in a lot of different ways. I never really had morning sickness instead I had extreme food aversions and crazy bad fatigue. My tummy issue this time around has mainly been tummy aches that feel like someone has punched me in the gut and they usually last all evening. This was all going on right after Mike and Lauren moved in and while David was gone for 4 weeks to Minnesota. It was awful.
Then sometime in October I started getting horrible pelvic/ thigh bone pain and I'm still dealing with it. The other night we went to the zoo and I hurt SO bad I was using Davie's stroller like some kind of elderly walker. This daily pain is totally new to me and it has definitely given me a new perspective. The saddest part about this pain is the way it has affected my sleeping. I never struggled to sleep while pregnant and now I find myself tossing and turning on top of my 2- 3 nightly potty trips. And of course this time around I have experienced the highest need for extra potty breaks than ever before. I am the potty queen this time. Oh yes and I have been very itchy, all over, a lot.
So even with the literal pain in my bones, tougher nights, ichy-ness and extra potty breaks here I am passed 30 weeks and unlike my previous pregnancies I'm not feeling the "I"M SO DONE" feeling. I worry now that I have admitted and posted this something will happen and I'll immediately regret it, but it's true and I'm still a little shocked to be able to say it. I'm still super excited to bring home another baby and I get really excited when I think about bringing her home, but overall I still somehow feel less "tight or uncomfortable" compared to my previous 30 week milestones.
34 weeks on Friday
I was going to try to get a nicer picture but the bathroom selfie is all that happened.
Also feel free to tell me if I can wear a polka-dot scarf with stripes... it seemed legit.
The next thing I am currently looking forward to is our third trimester ultrasound, I found out that my doctor's office does these as a courtesy two appointments ago. This will be exciting since I never had a 3D ultrasound with Colin and Davie's pictures done in 3D were lack luster since he was still so small. I can't wait to see this little gal's face and see if she looks like Davie or if she has her own look!
1 comment:
You are one adorable pregnant lady! I'm so excited for you! Hope the pain gets better so you can completely enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!
Post a Comment