Thursday, October 17, 2013

Anticipation

As this last year of medical school has begun to unravel I have found myself increasingly feeling like my life will start when #1- This fall semester ends and then #2- When we FINALLY get to move to a bigger place. I can't tell you how much those two things mean to me! So to put it in perspective (because we all need to force ourselves to have a little of that) here is a list of ten reasons why I cannot wait until at least next semester. As always this list is in no particular order, and random pictures.
(Snackin' and watchin' a show)
1. Having a cleaner house. Seriously ours is a disaster, but as a mom, student, and medical student's wife I typically get to pick 2 of the following (every now and then maybe 3)- good grades, good sleep, clean house, being with Davie or David. I am split about 4 ways right now and I cannot wait to feel like cleaning my house isn't distracting me from school.
(Snackin' in bed with Aunt Lala)
2. NOT taking Davie to daycare. We have had a WONDERFUL experience with his daycare, but I miss him and I feel supremely guilty being away from him to go to class and then homework. Also it is EXPENSIVE and what little aid we thought we were going to get we recently learned does not apply to us because David is in a Masters program and not his undergraduate. UGH! Seriously students in their masters programs are DIRT poor why do they get so little help!? Regardless money is tight.
(Just eating some yogurt)
3. Packing up more of our house. Seriously I cannot wait until our house has less stuff in it! It's going to be amazing.
4. Nesting! I didn't really get that too much with Davie but I already feel like I should/ need to be sterilizing everything and putting everything together (whatever that means). I think it mostly means ORGANIZE, organizing, and more organization. This goes hand in hand with packing up our house because we are packed into this place like sardines!
(This is like 2 days before I made him go cold turkey on that bad boy)
5. David's last away rotation to be finished. His second one was initially 4 weeks at the Mayo clinic in Arizona for orthopedics and now it's 2 weeks (by request) for radiology. I hate it when he is gone for longer than about 2-3 days.
(He now folds his arms on his own)
6. To FINALLY know if I can relax a little based on my grades I earn this fall. If I get all A's then I know I can graduate with a 3.9 if not I will graduate with like a 3.87, either way I can relax more. And either way Spring semester I ONLY have to write my thesis, I may or may not take another class if I feel like it. BUT since that is when our new baby is coming and I'll have just finished a 15 credit on campus semester I do not foresee that happening at this point.
(So proud)
7. Going to EVERY playdate, playgroup, ladies night out, and social event possible from January until we leave. I'm so sad I could not have been more involved sooner, but that was the way school worked out for me.... such is life.

(glow stick necklaces in the bath!)
8. Spending LOTS of time quality time with Davie. I had a couple of days off a week ago and we had had so much fun together. Simply being able to read 3-4 books in a row with him was so much fun, he loves books and for being the wiggler he is he will hold soooo still for a book!
(a gold star for modesty :)
9. Simply knowing I won't be taking more than 4 credits at a time, for a LONG time, is going to be peace of mind.
10. Spending more time with David. By the end of this semester he will have a lot less going on and aside from interviews in December he is going to be around/ available a LOT more.
(and one picture with me in it- to prove I'm still alive of course)

No comments:

More to Read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Visitors since June 2010