David is currently doing his last medical school rotation for his third year, which is OBGYN. He chose to do OBGYN last because he was pretty sure he had no interest in it, thank goodness he still feels that way. The downside to him finishing his last rotation is that he has been in Lima for the past 5 weeks. Lima is an hour and a half away. I am about to finish my first summer session this weekend but because of all the reading, like 4 & 5 chapters a class times about 15 pages, I needed some full time extra help. This week and last Friday Davie has been going to a Daycare that is literally around the corner from us (sooo convenient!). In fact I have walked with him in the stroller on the way there and picked him up on foot as well. It makes for a nice outing for the two of us.
Now for the fun part, notice the title of my blog says 36 hours? Good I thought you might. Well here's where it becomes relevant. In the last 36 hours I have dealt with poop in the tub AND Davie puking twice! Ugghhhhh!!! If you saw my status update on Facebook you will know that I don't "Do" lots of poop or puke. I have been blessed with David who doesn't really seem to care a whole lot. Turns out when you decide you want to cut people up... I mean be a surgeon for a living poop and puke don't really phase you.
On Sunday Davie was in the tub and I was curling my hair at the sink right next to him when I look over and POOP! I have no idea when it happened, but I got to (somehow) keep my screaming child (he LOVES the bath and hates when I take him out) still next to the tub while I sifted out the big pieces, washed everything else down the drain and then washed every toy and bottle that had been in the tub. I was teaching the lesson in Relief Society too so the extra time I had hoped to go over my lesson was spent re-washing my baby and completely missing sacrament meeting. Up to that point we had been on time. I really miss my husband.
Yesterday after Daycare Davie and I took a walk outside, I let him run around in the front yard of our condo and basically just get nice and dirty like little boys are supposed to outside. That night I let him fill up the tub SUPER full, haha it was almost up to his shoulders! It was really fun to watch him swim around like a frog and laugh because he was floating everywhere. Then I had him lay on his back and was trying to get him to float (which we have done before with less water). He kept laughing and kicking his legs even though I was trying to get him to calm down and in the middle of a big laugh he threw his back, threw off his balance and dunked himself backwards. Because he was on his back it all went right up his nose! I quickly stood him up and was trying to calm him down again and he spit out some water, followed by most of his dinner..... great! Again I wrestled with a baby while sifting out the tub and washing off his tub toys. Thank goodness it was bedtime! Game Over!!
Today after dinner Davie started crying and I decided to see if he was teething since he woke up with a fever but no cough or mucous in his eyes or nose. I laid him down and was attempting to touch his gums when he just freaked out and I'm not sure but I think he must have swallowed some spit down the wrong tube. Seconds later he puked a tiny bit but luckily I had his dirty shirt from the day to catch it. I picked him up and was trying to console him and BLEH! He threw up again. I love him to death but he is such a SPAZ! Thankfully (kind of) most of it did not end up on me, it ended up on the carpet and down his front. So yea, that happened.
The only picture you get is this video. Davie has missed David like crazy and when he hears random noises outside he will perk up like a wild animal and start running for the door and shouting "Daddy! Daddy?!?" And it's so sad because he's like half crying half laughing and slightly hysterical. Also I'm not typically big on letting Davie run around sans clothes but he was so hot today and I knew it would help him cool down.
And that ladies and gentlemen pretty much sums up my last 36 hours, poop and puke. Also in case I haven't said it yet I really miss my husband.
No comments:
Post a Comment