I was awarded a $1,500 scholarship by my college and in April they had a dinner where all those who had received scholarships would be awarded their's in person. Sorry ahead of time but the pictures are from my cell phone and they were super yellow so I just decided they all looked better in black and white.
This picture is me about the time the faculty started awarding the scholarships to students and I was getting nervous about going up to accept mine. It was pretty fun to be able to go to a dinner involving school for ME for once and not David. When I was initially told I had won the scholarship I remember being disappointed that it was for the whole year and not per semester but after the ceremony I realized that there was only one other scholarship awarded that was more money and it still was only $300 more for the whole year.
There I am!
I wasn't being greedy it was more a hope that I could replace my scholarship I have had the last two year which was $1,200 a semester (you can only have this scholarship for 4 semesters... lame) which is a LOT of money to try and compensate for.
This is one of my favorite Professors! After first arrived and I sat down she started talking to me like she knew who I was, but I had no clue who she was! Then she introduced herself and my little brain light bulb turned on. With online classes you basically never see your professor, in fact she is the only one I have met in person. It was a funny moment.
Can I also say it was great timing because my mom had flown in just the day before so David and I were able to go to the dinner by ourselves!
Vanna White
My academic advisor who helped me figure everything about CLEP testing out and just about everything else! If it wasn't for her there is basically no way I would be graduating next Spring.
This is the Dean of the college within University of Toledo that I attend. Now if I can hopefully get just one more scholarship I'll be pretty good! Since my degree is a liberal arts degree (and an online one besides) I have been trying my darndest to graduate with a 3.9, but it's been tough! Thankfully my current GPA 3.85 is still high enough that it puts me towards the top of the list for the scholarships I have been applying to. **(crossing my fingers!)**
2 comments:
Congratulations! A 3.85 ia pretty good no matter where or how you take classes.
Y'all both look great and that Davie is so adorable! Congrats on free month, best thing ever, right?!
Post a Comment