Friday, January 18, 2013

ONE YEAR!

My baby turned a year old today! And I can't believe it. 
Obviously he loved the birthday hat (sarcasm sign). I couldn't get him to wear it without breaking down like a crazy baby or ripping it off his head, he is so determined! I like the three pictures below because they are in sequential order and he was being adorable. He LOVED eating that cake. He didn't end up going to bed until like 10pm due to talking on the phone with various family members, so I'm sure the extra sugar helped with that.
Davie had a great first birthday! I bought an ice cream cake because David doesn't like cake (mostly the frosting) and I wasn't about to finish off the rest of a cake, the other 5 of 6 cupcakes or even the other 3 of a 4 pack of cupcakes. The only time Davie didn't enjoy his cake was at the very end when his hands started getting too cold, haha then he was like hey! my hands are numb I'm done!
Earlier in the day we went to the dollar store and got a bunch of balloons for him since they are inexpensive and hours of fun for the little guy. 
Haha and I tied them to his stacking rings because he kept losing them to the ceiling.
Davie waiting for the gal at the bakery to write happy birthday on his cake, which she did a GREAT job and fit a lot onto such a small cake! I was so very pleased. I watched my friend's little girl for the evening until about dinner time so Davie had someone to play with on his birthday.  
We only got him two presents since he already has so many toys that he doesn't really play with. A set of old school alphabet blocks and a brand new rubber ducky. His last ducky started to get water trapped in it so I just chucked it, this time I put a little bit of hot glue on the hole at the bottom of the ducky so hopefully this time we won't get a moldy duck. yick!
He obviously had no idea what was going on but I did and it was so crazy to be celebrating his first birthday already. We love him so much and he brings so much joy and happiness to our lives. We love you little Davie Royal Warden the 5th!

No comments:

More to Read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Visitors since June 2010