Monday, February 7, 2011

A Very Overdue Christmas Present

There is one thing that those of you who do not know my husband very well should know, he doesn't like to ask for things or ask for help. When Christmas and Birthdays come around that makes buying things for him difficult because he "doesn't want anything." This means Kari has to put on her extra tricky, thoughtful, sneeky, creative thinking cap in order to shop for him.
The infamous early package

David's best Christmas present, from me, this year didn't arrive before Christmas. Long story short is this- The week before Christmas I paid to have his present shipped within 2- 4 weeks. Then while we were in DC I found out that it would be arriving at OUR house back in Toledo on Christmas Eve! I tried to call and I searched their whole webiste in hopes of stopping the package, having it rerouted to DC, or simply to have it be held at the UPS store, with no avail.

When David and I got back to Toledo the UPS store was the first place we hit. The store was closed. Early the next morning that was the first place I went, again. Only to find out that they had sent my package back! Ughhh! I tried my best to get them to turn it around and tell them what happened but they didn't care. I had to wait until David's present went all the way back to Utah before I could even get it sent to my house again. AND I had to pay shipping AGAIN. I still think if I had been more angry they would have done more, but such is what I get for being a push over. The FINALLY on the 13th of January David's package shows up.
Even though it said "The Document Preservation Company" David still couldn't figure out what it was. 
opening it
As you can tell I was so excited I took several pictures :)
Tah Dah! It's a framed copy of his BYU diploma.

I came across the idea while I was going through piles of our stuff on our desk. I decided it was a great idea because while it isn't something he "needs" or specifically wanted it was somthing that he could have around for YEARS to come :) Also I might add that I went $10 over his entire Christmas budget with this one present... oops, but he is worth it!

No comments:

More to Read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Visitors since June 2010