Wow all I can say is wow. Between this conference and April's I have cultivated such a wonderful testimony of it. When Jeffery Holland talked about the Book of Mormon my eyes were watering up the entire time. That testament couldn't have come at a better time. I've been working on my own personal testimony of the Book of Mormon. For as many trials I feel like I have over come this year I still can't believe how quickly and exactly God answers prayers, most especially my own. I've read the scriptures but I never really read them for my own personal testimony. I started reading back in August and my understanding has increased 100 fold.
Here are some of my favorite scriptures I have found while reading recently.
Mosiah 23:21
Nevertheless the Lord seeth fit to chasten his people; yea, he triet their patience and their faith.
Alma 7:23
And now I would that ye should be humble, and be submissive and gentle; easy to be entreated; full of patience and long suffering; being temperate in all things; being diligent in keeping the commandments of God at all times.
Alma 39:14
Seek not after riches nor the vail things of this world; for behold you cannot carry them with you.
~I've been under lining patience, endure to the end, and other similar statements as I read. I've been trying my best to learn to be more patient and long suffering in my life it is probably one of my biggest difficulties.
Another thing that stood out to me was from The Family: A Proclamation to the World. "We warn that individuals who violate covenants of chastity, who abuse spouse or offspring, or who fail to fulfill family responsibilities will one day stand accountable before God." That phrase hit me so hard. Not just from my own personal experiences with other people's agency but people from my mom's family as well. It reminded me of another scripture in Alma 39:8 But Behold, ye cannot hid your crimes from God; and except ye repent they will stand as a testimony against you at the last day. I think some times we forget that we need to always be openly apologetic about our sins.
Anyways I'm so thankful for the gospel and once again conference was great I know they speak with authority and the spirit.
No comments:
Post a Comment