Sunday, October 4, 2009

Adventures in Babysitting

My last day babysitting was Wednesday. I was supposed to leave in the afternoon but their aunt ended up needing more time so I stayed. Those kids were a handful but soooo fun! I can't wait to have my own kids, even with as crazy as everything was haha I am in no way detoured in wanting a big family just like it. 
We did some fun stuff. On Monday and Tuesday I took the two youngest boys to the library. That was way fun. My mom used to take me when I was little and I always enjoyed it. We read the spooky old tree twice! I ran lunches, field trip money and other forgotten things to the school for the kids. Another thing I did with the 2 younger boys was sing. My Grandma and my mom used to sing songs to keep our minds distracted while they did all kinds of things (like make lunch or clean etc). While making juice one day the boys were getting wiggly so I took the primary song "singing a song is fun to do" and changed it to "making our juice is fun to do" haha. It worked like a charm! the boys loved it and it caught their attention long enough for me to finish the juice and lunch.

I'd have to say one of the best things that happened was on Wednesday. It was becoming dinner time and I had just finished cleaning up the kitchen again. So I decided to take the boys (all 6 of them) out to eat. Haha that was crazy! I had boys spilling water cups and making messes with in minutes of sitting down. Initially I was planning on taking them to a fast food place, but upon further thought the idea of everyone running amuck to get their own drinks, condiments, etc was just too much. So a sit down restaurant it was. Our poor waitress did such a good job though! Every time she came back around the boys were asking for some thing. I especially liked the fights over the free scones phrases like "hey he got two" and "I didn't get one!', I'm like "boys they are free you can eat them until you explode, trust me everyone will get one it's going to be OK". I still hope we tipped her ok she did a good job.
By far the best moment had to be right before we got ready to leave. The second to youngest boy (his name is Paul and he is 4) got eating too fast and his older brother had to take him to the bathroom to spit out his food so he wouldn't choke. On the way back Paul saw a hostess taking a chair to the banquet room, and decided to yell "JUMP!". At that moment he jumped onto the chair the girl was carrying and hung there. HAHAHA wow it was sooo funny the poor hostess was laughing but you could also tell that she was very much surprised be her new passenger. And of course all the other boys were giggling like crazy. It was a good meal. Dinner AND a show, for no extra cost.

1 comment:

Cailey said...

Oh my goodness!!! that is hilarious. He decided to randomly jump? haha oh good old 4 yr olds!!! :)

More to Read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Visitors since June 2010