I once watched a little video on Facebook that followed a young man while he posted updates on his Facebook. The gist of the video was that if he posted the truth no one liked it and if he posted something positive everyone payed attention. For example he posted that he was sad about his girlfriend breaking up with him and no one really said much and then he posted something like "Yay, I'm single" and everyone noticed. I REALLY liked this video and while I am in a totally different stage in life (marriage, house, kids) the point was clear. We share the positive and we edit the negative, in our posts, pictures and blogs. Even if we are going through a difficult time in our lives, which is unfortunate because that is when we should be sharing the most so we can receive support.
So in order to NOT edit out the negative in my life and only share the positive, here is my rather long time coming adulting win I was finally able to experience mid February.
I feel like ever since I got pregnant I have been behind on house chores (and life but this post can't be that long). I didn't get sick per-say this time (more on that later.... maybe) but the fatigue was crippling. I was so tired! I have never been that tired before and it was not fun. I started babysitting at the beginning of September about a month after we moved in and then a month after that I got pregnant. In between all of that we had some visitors, holidays, game nights and just life. For the longest time we were just trying to clean up, organize/ unpack. I also was also not exercising, at all which of course made me feel even more crappy. Then December hit. We put up our tree, we got a TV, we set up our living room and cleaned for a game night. I was finally starting to feel like "yes! Our house is doing so great and we can do this!"
I feel like ever since I got pregnant I have been behind on house chores (and life but this post can't be that long). I didn't get sick per-say this time (more on that later.... maybe) but the fatigue was crippling. I was so tired! I have never been that tired before and it was not fun. I started babysitting at the beginning of September about a month after we moved in and then a month after that I got pregnant. In between all of that we had some visitors, holidays, game nights and just life. For the longest time we were just trying to clean up, organize/ unpack. I also was also not exercising, at all which of course made me feel even more crappy. Then December hit. We put up our tree, we got a TV, we set up our living room and cleaned for a game night. I was finally starting to feel like "yes! Our house is doing so great and we can do this!"
That was a Friday night. Macy got sick the next morning, thankfully it was only once, and all we had to do was clean all of her bedding and a small spot on the floor. Then on Sunday evening Davie got sick, for a full 24 hours. BUT Davie didn't just get sick. He got sick all over the carpet (as in we had to go out THAT night and buy a wet/dry shop vac to clean it up) and all over our NEW couch AND some of the couch pillows..... uuuuughhh. It was awful. We had to clean it immediately. Our couch was out of commission for several weeks until we got it cleaned professionally (totally worth the money we paid when we bought it) thank you upholstery protection plan! The carpet took forever to dry and basically we were up to our ears in laundry. To add to that later that night I got sick too. The kind of sick where you CANNOT eat anything for several hours or it just comes right up. Shakey, clammy awful. ALL NIGHT. I haven't been sick like that in YEARS. Probably about 15 years to be exact. AND The next day I had to babysit (sad face).
So between getting sick, being fatigued, life and all our other projects I was feeling constantly behind. UNTIL the week of about February 15th. That's right. It was February and I was just barely feeling like we have hit the same level of cleanliness and organization that we had finally accomplished in December. Our computer/office room is still a disaster, but it's full of papers and things that are impossible to sort through with a small child even vaguely present (ESPECIALLY Macy), our bedroom because we don't have dressers means the clothing is out of control and our garage a LITTLE. Our garage isn't too bad though because we can park the Sequoia in there which is a HUGE car so I'm calling it an almost win.
Anyways I guess where I am going with this is that sometimes in life I get feeling just soooo overwhelmed, like to the point of anxiety, and I feel like I will never get ahead, or even catch up, on my chores and life "things" in general. And way too often I don't think about times like the week of February before we visited Idaho. That last week at home before our trip was great. It's sooooo great to see and feel like we are making progress! I just hope we can all take a moment to enjoy our progress when it does FINALLY happen. I'm still working on getting my daily steps up (thank you Fitbit), but I'm feeling quite positive! There is a light at the end of the tunnel and to prove it I am finally posting some pictures of our house.
Our Entrance area, to the left of our entrance is the office.


The 4th bedroom is also down there, and even though it is actually pretty clean I didn't take pictures, it's really just an empty-ish room with storage items and my sewing machine.
Living room if you go into the house from the entrance area.

Our amazing electronics cabinet that keeps little hands out of everything. I'm basically in love with it.
Kitchen

Breakfast in the kitchen
Our cabinets

Looking at our front door from the kitchen area

Back to the entrance area and up the stairs.

Davie's green room. I'm not in love with it. I actually kind of hate the green. I can't decide if I went to dark, or too yellow based or if I'm pregnant... etc. Either way I don't like it.
Our Entrance area, to the left of our entrance is the office.

A small glimpse of the office
My super crafty office filing cabinet make over. What you can't see is how un-even the sprays turned out. Most are a matte finish (regardless of what the can said) and the top silver is nice and smooth. Oh well I still love it and the metallic sprays are useful for everything!
The downstairs bathroom/guest bathroom is to the right of the entrance area you can see the door. After the stairs is what they call the Drop Zone. It's basically an open coat closet that they built shelves in (not as an upgrade I might add!). It's a life saver. Of course ours only seems to looks this nice and clean about once or twice a week or when company comes :)
The 4th bedroom is also down there, and even though it is actually pretty clean I didn't take pictures, it's really just an empty-ish room with storage items and my sewing machine.
First floor bathroom/guest bathroom.
This is my super cheap shower curtain from Kohl's, I think I ended up spending like $8 on it. I was excited haha. Mom life no? Trust me it was exciting. I had a very small budget for this room so it took me a while to get the towels and shower curtain. The flowers, mason jar and bird were nice because they were maybe $3.
Isn't that little birdie so cute? Davie found him for me at Habitat for Humanity for like .39 cents and then I painted him gold. I just love him!

Our amazing electronics cabinet that keeps little hands out of everything. I'm basically in love with it.
Kitchen

Breakfast in the kitchen
Our cabinets

Looking at our front door from the kitchen area

Back to the entrance area and up the stairs.
I finally cut all the little plastic strings hanging out of our carpet and trimmed off the little paint spots left by the painters (don't even get me started).

TOYS! Of course they all leak downstairs and into the kids rooms, but I do try to round them up once a night and get kids to "clean up" completely once a week.

Kids rooms
TOYS! Of course they all leak downstairs and into the kids rooms, but I do try to round them up once a night and get kids to "clean up" completely once a week.

Kids rooms
Macy's pretty pink room

Lamp I re-did. I love gold spray paint

Craigslist dresser for $50. I wish it was a little more sturdy, but for $50 its great.

Lamp I re-did. I love gold spray paint

Craigslist dresser for $50. I wish it was a little more sturdy, but for $50 its great.

Davie's green room. I'm not in love with it. I actually kind of hate the green. I can't decide if I went to dark, or too yellow based or if I'm pregnant... etc. Either way I don't like it.
We had initially bought a red book shelf, but I exchanged it because it was just too much red and green with the red chair next to it. Again I can't decide what to do with his room now, it just seems so loud. I have always loved his decor before this and now I finally got to paint his room the color I always wanted to and I don't like it. I'm sure I'll figure something out eventually. I just don't want to/ can't afford to again paint for a while.









3 comments:
Yay, I have been hoping for a walk through! I love your home. My house is never to the point of catching up, and having everyone sick makes for soooo much laundry. Green is my favorite color but it's really hard to find a good one for walls, i have a green wall in the kitchen and for some reason I don't love it, but I can't tell you why. Both Davie's and Macy's rooms are adorable. ahhh, thanks for posting! :D
Thank you! I have felt this way SO much lately. I seriously feel like when kids get sick I get SO behind, and both of my kids have been sick 4 weeks out of the last 6. I guess it's just nice to know I'm not the only one, because honestly, not like you intend to, but when you have posted things about your two cute little kids, and that you are pregnant, and babysitting, my first reaction was, "wow, she totally has it together." You are doing awesome though. Your house looks great, being pregnant us exhausting, kids are exhausting, and yet you're still doing it. There's no way I could babysit anyone right now. I also couldn't be pregnant right now :). So, you go girl.
I feel this way often but especially after we moved in a year ago. I had boxes and bags piled up in my room for months and months oy it was awful. Your house is looking so good!! So clean and pretty. And I love how your filing cabinet turned out that is amazing! I've been putting a major focus on myn too and it's not anywhere near where I want it but it feels so good to make progress.
Post a Comment