Monday, September 22, 2014

A Dream Day

Monday was just that, a Dream Day. I have seen several blog posts where moms will go through their whole day outlining what they did all day. You would think that the average person would find that boring but I love posts like that. It gives me clarity and a sense of "ok everyone is doing this" but also I just like knowing what other people do and what works. Raising kids is like herding cats so I'm all for hearing other people's ideas. And of course pictures from the day will be included, mostly from our trip to the park.
My new goal as of the beginning of this week is to not go to bed later than midnight, and not wake up later than 8:30 am. Waking up early is my DEAMON. Seriously I am a horrible night owl and Dracula in the morning. However my ultimate goal is in bed by 10:30/11:00 pm and up by 7:00 am. Davie is a night owl AND an early bird (it's a David thing trust me). Also David is on night float (my least favorite shift) which goes from 5pm to 7am, which means we then have to be quite while he sleeps all day. That poor man. We are loud, or I should say Davie is.

Monday-
(sometime before 7am)- Davie opens his door and acts like he is ready to start the day. I tell him to hop in bed with me thinking "this never works" but I'm still tired so into my bed he comes.

7:30ish am- David gets home and I realize Davie has actually been lying in bed, motionless and quiet with me the whole time. Miracles.

8:00 am- I finally manage to get myself up and get moving because now Macy is walking along her crib side spitting and jabbering away. I don't want to wake David up. Time to get Davie to take off his pull-up and go potty so we can put underwear and clothes on for the day. Crying ensues. Just like when I would change his diaper in the morning he really struggles with morning transitions underwear included. But I win.
8:15- We are downstairs Davie is still whining about everything and doesn't want to eat anything (that means he's hungry). I make an executive decision and it's eggs for breakfast. Davie cries the whole time I make them. "And I don't want eggs" is all he says over and over again. I think he wanted Jello this particular morning.

8:30 am- As soon as the food is set in front of him he gobbles it up. No whining. Its just how he is, but I've become an excellent "ignorer".

9:00 am- Breakfast is done and I am trying to feed Macy before we leave for 9:30 story time. I give Davie his shoes so he can put them on the correct feet and he just sits next to them on the rug... ugh hurry means nothing to him. By the time I show enough frustration that he decides to put them on he has jumbled them and he starts to put them on the wrong feet. This was the only time yesterday I felt my patience wearing thin. I pulled him over and we said a little prayer. He still took forever to put his shoes on, but he did it.
9:20 am- We leave 10 min late for story time. How does this happen even when I wake up on time???

9:35 am- We arrive at story time in time to introduce ourselves. This is baby story time so all the kids are 0-18 months. I prefer attending this one over the toddler one (room full of crazies!) but I try to go to both. Also there is a mom in this class with twin girls 14 months old AND a 5 week old baby girl. Super woman. And she made it to story time before us.
10:00 am- Story time ends and I let Davie go play with the train set they have in the library. He LOVES it. But of course they also have computers (because what kid doesn't get enough screen time nowadays) so I always tell Davie that if he starts to play on the computers too much we will leave. I look up a book check it out and put another one on hold. My eating habits have gotten so bad I decided to read this.

10:30 am- We leave the library. No tantrums, and everyone is in great spirits! I drive across the parking lot to pick up some groceries at Kroger. I love Kroger.
 The outfit Macy was wearing she was referred to as "or whatever it is" in Kroger.
11:10 am- We leave Kroger. Again no accidents, tantrums or running away. EVERYONE is happy. I'm starting to get nervous that Davie will wet his underwear before we get home. Its a control issue with him (like every other potty training toddler) so unless he actually has to go or he's in an extra good mood he doesn't really do preparation-al pees. I have been taking our tiny green Ikea potty around for him so I pull it out, set it next to the car and have him go. I felt really weird, but seriously even adults don't like using public restrooms and they don't touch EVERYTHING like a toddler. He goes I dump it out clorox wipe it and we are off! I cannot believe my luck!!
11:30 am- Lunch... Mmm PB&J sandwich.

Noon- Time to put Davie down for nap, so books and songs. He goes down in 15 minutes! Again "whhhaaat?!"
 Macy at the park hanging out in the grass.
Teeter totter!
12:30 pm- I text Laura (my friend) and tell her that I can meet for lunch at anytime. She is still planning on 1:30, but I was just glad for once that I am actually ahead of schedule. Macy and I hang out and play around on the floor for the next 30 minutes or so. I do my best to let her be busy because once I feed her and put her in her carseat I am REALLY hoping she will sleep while I am at lunch. 
1:15 pm- I leave the house a little later than hoped. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but then I miss my freeway turn and I head East too far instead of going North. Every time I think I have directions figured out I suck. Since we are trying to be cheapskates we have the lowest data plan available on our phones (+$15 for us every month) and our GPS has decided it won't charge. I am so lucky I do not have to rely on learning signs to get places. 
1:40 pm- I arrive to have lunch with Laura! It was super fun and we got to talk in peace and quite for 2 hours. Macy never makes a peep and David never calls from the house to tell me Davie has woken up early. Lunch rendezvous are great. 
3:45 pm- I head home. I ran into a little traffic which made me nervous, the rush hour traffic here is HORRIFIC, but I made it back on time. 
4:15ish pm- David leaves for his hospital shift. He has to check in at 4:45pm. 
5:00 pm- I start to make some noodles for the sauce and meat we have for Davie's dinner. He eats. 
5:45 ish- Davie finally finishes and we head to the park to play. I originally planned on getting our mail, but I have somehow misplaced my keys since Kroger. I found them on tuesdday, in the back seat, on the side of Davie's carseat, basically I locked them into my car no worries. What happens is I set them down to help Davie get out and then I forget, because Davie likes to run away. This scares me because he doesn't watch for cars. We play at the park for a least an hour, lots of running and screaming is involved. 
7:00 pm- Bath time. I usually put Macy in a little mesh chair tonight I let her swim around with Davie. That was a lot of work. No major injuries though so it was fun.

The girls.
8:00 pm- I read to Davie after feeding Macy, who is now in her own bed. After books I sing primary songs and hymns... forever.

Naked bum.
8:30 pm- Davie is in bed. He isn't asleep, but he is settled, enough. I do chores in the bathroom, our upstairs bathroom is right next door to his room, until I know he is out. He took a long nap today so I can't totally blame him for not being super tired, but even if he took a short nap he would still take forever to put to bed. So really it's an average night.
 She can stand and so thats all she wants to do. Only one problem, she is super slippery. Hence me holding her little hand.
This toothless grin is so amazing.
Please ignore the black mold in our tub. It totally creeps me out, but it was there when we moved in and even with tons of scrubby, harsh chemicals and a box fan running most days I can't get rid of it. (grumble)
9:00 pm- I think Davie is finally asleep. I do chores deep cleaned our bathroom floor, dishes, some laundry, took trash out, etc and I went through more of our things. I am trying to really push myself and purge things we don't need or use, hopefully I'll write more about that later.

Here Macy wear this hat.
Midnight- MY bedtime. Later than I had hoped, but of course Macy has woken up and I need to feed and change her. I feel so good about the day though that I don't care.
Super exciting I know, but there you have it! The biggest thing I loved about this day was how good I felt about Davie afterwards. He was such a good boy, I was just so proud of him! He is all boy and would be much better off if we lived in the olden days where little boys could run around on acres of land with the farm animals. Davie is just SO incredibly busy and most days we do not get out enough due to errands and chores. By get out I mean to the park or another place that HE specifically wants to go. So while the day wasn't stress free or easy per-say, I really enjoyed it and I was glad to see some scheduling actually work out.

No comments:

More to Read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Visitors since June 2010