Wednesday, August 6, 2014

I Push Little Children

That's right I'm a pusher. A week or so ago we attended a little carnival hosted by the swanky Upper Arlington Library and I pushed a little boy AND got in trouble. The library is pretty small and it has a super nice little park right by it. Upper Arlington is beautiful.
 Upon arrival to the carnival festivities I decided to have Davie participate in the book walk in hopes of winning him a free book. When the music ended the boy (about 7 years old?) in front of us just kind of stood there, which left us between numbers. So I started pushing (it was more than tapping but less than pushing) him, nothing more than what I would do to Davie,  and saying "hey keep going" mostly to get his attention. He was in total La-La land, he didn't move or even acknowledge that I was talking to him let alone tapping him to move forward. I'll admit that maybe I was a TINY bit over zealous (no sarcasm that's just me trying to be understanding of what happened next), but his mom immediately came over to me and said "Hey we don't need to push"..... I barely got out a reply it was something like "I wasn't pushing... (trail off).
 I was seriously so shocked, but mostly annoyed. If I saw someone doing what I was doing to this little boy to Davie my first reaction would have been to prompt Davie to move forward not poo-poo the parent for trying to get his attention. Whatever people. (eye roll)

So yea, that was interesting. Other than that the night was lots of fun, free prizes, games, Davie ate 2 dum dums and 2 (maybe 3 I can't remember) popsicles. I love that I have free time to a) Know activities like this are even happening and b) ACTUALLY be able to attend. Did I mention David was there?! It was awesome. I wish I had some pictures, but I was trying to just enjoy the evening. Did I mention the weather was soooo nice? I was worried because the whole day had been really hot. Yuck. Enjoy these ones from a couple of days before.

Hanging out at the park on a completely different day.

Davie climbed all the way up to this slide and went down by himself. He is fearless.

 David is always helping him do more complicated parts of the playground.


Ugh, David and his socks & sandals. I do what I can people.

No comments:

More to Read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Visitors since June 2010