This is a small update. When we flew in December to Idaho for Christmas I lost Davie's bag, or rather the airlines did. I handed the lady at the check in counter both of my bags, she took both of them and put them on the conveyer belt... but apparently she didn't bother to tag the one that had Davie's things in it. This really wouldn't have been THAT sad except for the part where I had ALL of Davie's brand new clothes in that suitcase! UGH! Seriously, I had just spent about $50 at Old Navy on some of the CUTEST stuff ever (I know lots of caps in this paragraph just stick with me), but the tricky part was all of his new clothes were on like SUPER clearance (like $1 for pants etc). Also he had finally started to fit into some of the really cool clothes I had been slowly picking up at our local second hand store. I was also completely convinced that Davie's brand coat, Toledo Rockets hat and gloves, and monster hat were all in his suitcase as well.
Dino pajamas- gone
cute monster hat- gone
I can barely move my arms!
He is pouty in this picture because he did NOT like wearing his coat :(
The super cute Ralph Lauren puff vest was like $3 or something there was no way I could replace it for that!
So when I got to sit down and write out the report for his luggage I wrote out what his clothes were worth I wrote down the cost of his clothes originally because I knew there was no way I would replace them for what I had paid. When I initially started searching for my bag the lady who worked for SouthWest told me that technically it wasn't their fault that my bag was lost because it wasn't tagged... WHAT!? I laughed but only because I was ready to strangle her, which would have been unfortunate because she was being helpful and was pretty nice. It was just frustrating to be told that the airlines may not have been "technically responsible" when their employee was the reason for my bag not being tagged.
no more polar bear outfit
This candy cane stripped outfit was one I was more upset about! It was soooo cute and I figured there was no reason why I couldn't put a girl in it as well because it was so adorable. I liked the hoodie outfits at Old Navy as you can see below and they just happened to ALL be on sale.
David's mom and I spent the evening picking up clothes for Davie in the likely event that Davie's bag was not found. Initially they said that both of my bags were gone, but VERY thankfully I got mine within the same day and from that moment on I decided to accept the fact that I would never see Davie's bag again. That way if it came it would be a pleasant surprise and if not I wouldn't be anymore disappointed than I already was. When I got my suitcase lo and behold there was Davie's coat! This is the second time that I randomly packed something important in a suitcase that was not left or lost somewhere else. The first time Davie's blessing outfit was packed in David's suitcase, so the outfit had not gotten left behind in Detroit with the rest of Davie's stuff. This is where my spastic packing skills comes in handy ;)
Grandmas sent these fuzzy jammies and he wore them like twice before we packed them for the trip. The Long story short is about a week and a half ago I got a letter in the mail from Southwest that said they had received my claim and were (get this) actually planning on sending me money to reimburse me!!! I got the actual check this week, so even though I was irritated at Southwest they took care of my problem pretty quickly for it being the holiday season and all that jazz.
I was soooooo happy! So even though we had already basically replaced Davie's entire suitcase it was ok because this meant I was getting paid for the stuff we had to buy... again. And Davie lived clothed happily ever after :)







No comments:
Post a Comment