Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Other Side

In the middle of all the CLEP test madness some of our friends who had adopted a month before we had Davie were planning to be sealed to their baby in the Detroit temple.
 I seriously agonized over going, leaving Davie for that long with someone else when I should be studying had me feeling guilty (with a capital G), traveling and hour and a half, and of course NOT studying. BUT I decided to go. 
I was making pretty good time until I dropped Davie off and could not find my temple bag with my recommend in it. It's always in my car in the trunk and all the sudden it was gone! I searched and serached and then finally realized it was in David's car which was East of town and I needed to be going North West to the temple. I headed into town and by then I was fuming, I hated feeling so stressed and angry right before heading to the temple! By the time I found my recommend and was heading north I was 30 min late. I made sure to message Maria to let her know I was coming. I prayed the entire trip that my little temple bag car mix up wouldn't make me too late.
By the time I pulled up to the temple I was frantic and as I ran up the steps a temple worker was locking the doors. I managed to get him to oped the door and talk with me but when I told him about the sealing I was trying to attend he said they had just taken the baby into the room... NO! He let me in and I stood in the waiting rom but eventually went to the bathroom so I could cry a little but right as a grabbed some tissues to wipe my eyes a lady stuck her head in and said "is there anyone in here who was going to attend a family sealing?". YES!! Me, me, ME!
Thankfully my friend had asked the sealer ONE more time if they could check for me before they started so they had sent this lady to find me... crying in the bathroom, not my greatest moment. I was so relieved I was ready to cry again! I got to watch a baby be sealed to his mom and dad for time and all eternity and it was beautiful. It gave me a look from the other side of my situation with Colin and I got to see my two friends be sealed to their little baby. It was so amazing, I cried so more.
This is my other friend Keriann who got to attend the sealing. I am so thankful for a heavenly father who listens and hears our prayers! It was a great experience even if the first half was full of stress (and anger) it was worth it to go inside the temple and be with my friends on their special day!

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

you made me tear up! I am glad everything worked out and you got to experience that.

More to Read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Visitors since June 2010