Thursday, June 2, 2016

PG 4


This is me today. 38 weeks and counting.
I feel like every time I'm pregnant it gets that much harder to wrap my mind around what pregnancy it is. This is my 4th pregnancy, but I only have 2 kids and when she gets here I'll only have 3. Sometimes I tease and say this is baby 3/4ths. I guess in a lot of ways I keep thinking that it will get easier to... understand... accept... I don't know but it's it's still a little weird and frustrating (if I'm being honest). I don't know if I'm saying that right because it's not a clear feeling or feelings and they come and go but hopefully that makes some sense.
I can't act like I have difficult pregnancies however this time and last time the last 10 weeks or so I've struggled with pelvic bone pain. Both my doctors have said it's because I carry low so there's a lot of pressure.  It's embarrassing because it literally makes me feel like an old lady. Even though I've gained more weight this time and last time when I need help getting up its because my bones hurt. It's weird to roll over at night and suddenly be in tons of pain and have to roll over extra slow like I'm a cripple. My waddle also has very little to do with my size and everything to do with bone pain. It's pretty cute to have a pregnancy/cripple waddle before age 30, trust me :) That's when I get most frustrated about having had more pregnancies than babies. My first two pregnancies were bone pain free, I just wish that the non-pain would have lasted more than two times. I'm hoping it will go away as soon as I have the baby like it did with Macy, fingers crossed! 
Other than that I'm all fluffy (like my fingers, toes and feet) and my fatigue has come back, but really just pregnancy life as normal. This picture is proof and it weirds me out. I normally have boney ankles and feet (thank you mom) so to not be able to see my ankles is just super weird to me. Did I mention that I kind of also hate feet? They are just kind of gross so to see my own feet look all bloated is extra yucky.

Along with extra weight gain I have come to the conclusion that since I live in Florida and we have a pool in our neighborhood I am spending time in the sun. Not a lot almost literally the daily recommended amount (15-20 minutes). I figure if I can't tone it ("it" meaning my ginormous pregnant self) I'll tan it. I feel like it's been really nice to dedicate time as often as possible to be in the sun. It does a body good. I figure if I have to spend the rest of the hot summer all fluffy post baby the least I could do is not be pasty white haha.

This week I'm 38 weeks along and it was only two days ago I actually pull out the little baby girl clothes and start washing them so they could be ready. And JUST today I finally ordered a bassinet. True story. With Davie we used our pack'n'play (which was just too big to have on the side of my bed) and with Macy we were able to borrow a bassinet so we've never actually owned one.

I've managed to take both kids to my doctors appointments the last 3 to 4 weeks. While taking the whole crew is not my favorite thing to do I can honestly say that it's not been too bad so far. No breakdowns or crying or anything else that made me feel like we needed to leave immediately so that's always good. No other major progress to report on that front but I'm still hopeful since all my babies have been born within a couple of days of D-day.

Right now I'm desperately trying to clean up the last couple of messes in our bedroom the fourth bedroom and the office. I'd say it's nesting but I've been trying to clean them up for months now and I think it's more like desperation at this point. The reasons why these areas have been neglected so long is because they could be closed off from small children but also because those spaces are really hard to clean with small children present... at all.
The 4th bedroom
We had visitors that spent the night last night and I BARELY managed to get the 4th bedroom under control by the time they got here. But not without absolute heck from Davie and Macy. Seriously yesterday my kids were THE worst. I hate saying that but yesterday it was true. They were all kinds of naughty to each other and all about making cleaning impossible as much as possible. As well as just literally following along behind me and destroying what I had done. ALL DAY LONG. Sometimes I think David worries about having more kids when I have days like that, but all I have to say is I really believe the part that frustrates me so much about days like yesterday is the fact that I know my kids can be SO well-behaved when they want to be. But aren't we all that way? And even more so as adults??

As far as this little gal goes she is a MOVER. Not the constant swishy/re-situaing type movements like my other babies have done but huge and often internally painful movements. There have been many evenings where her constant large movements have given my a tummy ache. Other nights I can watch what has to be one of her limbs move around as if she is trying to escape through my side! The plus side is I've never had to question if she is alive in there. I'm super curious to see what her personality will be like since both of my kids are so independent and busy. After I had Davie my mother-in-law said she didn't want any vanilla grand babies. I tease that Macy is my strawberry flavored baby and Davie is chocolate so I feel like I can have a vanilla baby now haha. A mom can hope!
This is me at 36 weeks and some change watching her try to escape from my stomach. Its extremely strange to watch and feel your entire belly move like that.
Other than that my family comes next Saturday and will be here for my birthday! Yay! And somewhere in all that hopefully we will have another baby girl. So at the end of the day there really isn't much to complain about. Life is good.

No comments:

More to Read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Visitors since June 2010