Friday, October 23, 2015

Are They ALL Yours?!

This is the bucket of beans, the kids LOVE it.
That's what I get asked all the time lately. A couple of months ago I started watching two little sisters who are 2 and 7 months older than Davie and Macy. I always laugh when people ask me that question because my first thoughts in response to that question is 1)The kids would have to basically be two sets of twins and 2) The two sets of siblings couldn't look more different! My kids are blonde and blue eyed and the sisters I watch are brown and blue eyed with pretty brown hair.
It's also been fun to hear the comments I get in public or while getting the kids out of the car. One lady said "when you started unloading those kids I was just so surprised I kept thinking you were done and then someone else would get out of the car!" It always makes me laugh, because I've always said (and I'm more iron clad on this then I've ever been) I want to have 4 kids and it just doesn't seem like that many to me. It's a pain to be sure loading and unloading and helping with ALL the buckles (seriously who came up with that idea?) but it's not that hard. 
We've braved Publix, McDonald's, Wal*Mart, Target, Hobby Lobby, Joann's Fabric and the Pizza Hut buffet together and none of those experiences have even come close to our worst experiences. In fact for the most part the kids do great and the compliments we get definitely bring out my Mama bear side. After all who doesn't want to hear how great their kids and the kids in their care are AND how well behaved? 
Also because the girls go to school we don't pick them up until a little before lunch, which is nice because then we get to sleep in, run errands or just hangout alone in the morning. Many of you know I used to nanny so this might not come as a surprise to you now that I'm done with school and we have space in our house to have extra kids over. It's been a great job, with no weekends I might add, and an even bigger blessing in terms of our finances. Moving out of state and house buying is expensive! 
A trip to Publix 
Things would get patchy here and there at first because Davie has a bit of an "I love you so much I might suffocate you" way of showing he likes his new friend which lead to lots of crying, but I think for the most part we are over that. Also it FINALLY (depending on the day) has started to cool down so we have been making our way around to lots of parks in the area. Not only that but when David's parents visited they gave us pretty much the BEST gift ever. A swing set. That has given many an hour of pure childhood enjoyment in our backyard. We still don't have a TV so it's been nice to have the kids go outside and actually have something to do. I mean I'm all about them using their imaginations but our yard was just grass before that beloved swing set. 
Sharing a box 
Sitting on our friends 
Coloring 
The masks we made 
4 kiddos in a Joann's fabric cart 
They insisted on this set up, I just laughed. It didn't last long. 
Carseats galore 
I bought and framed a beautiful picture of Christ recently and it was wrapped in this paper, which worked great for a large coloring activity 
Hugs 
Sidewalk chalk 
A double stroller that became a triple :) 
Everybody riding the bus at the park 
A meal on the veranda, We spare no expense. 
This day we had an extra friend with us so I just had to take a picture of all those car seats, There was only one spot that was carseat free that day. So on top of the fact that I have two kids, am still not fully organized from our move, I am lazy and I don't always want to blog I've been watching more kiddos :) I'm hoping to have some more updates soon, but I hope this was good enough for now.

No comments:

More to Read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Visitors since June 2010